“Good food, great service”
Review of Cool Water - CLOSED

Cool Water
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CoolWater opened in July 2010 with a new vision for dining in the North East Hights. Fusion cuisine is a collection of world flavor and taste sensations that are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate. The menu presents a truly unique blend for the ultimate taste experience. CoolWater accommodates all culinary desires and is available for dining, catering, and special functions. We are committed to using local products and supporting small local businesses. Join us for lunch, dinner, or Sunday brunch. We are tucked away in the heart of the North East Heights in the Wyoming Shopping Mall.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was good, and the service was excellent. The decor is different, but pleasant. We will definitely go back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 838nathang

Albuquerque
“Poor Food and Awful Service”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

After a long wait in a empty restaurant we received our food. Except it was not what we ordered and when we told the waiter that he argued with us and then owner came out and told us this is what we ordered. I have never had worse service or met such a rude owner. Well we gave in and tried the food the steak I was given was tough fatty and awful and the fish my wife was given tasted awful. We told the waiter this but he didn't care. It seems that once you present a coupon in this restaurant they resent you and in our case gave us horrible food and service.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dennis S
Wilmington, Delaware
“Hate to write a bad review, but . . .”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I live on the east coast and was visiting a friend in ABQ who had been to Cool Water Fusion before. We went for dinner on a Tuesday night. Our waiter was not professional and had a very casual attitude, to the point of it being almost on insult to his customers. Our wine glasses were filthy. We ordered the blue corn crusted onion rings as an appetizer. They came burnt, with a comment from our waiter that they took so long to come out because the chef gave us "way more than we were supposed to get." I ordered the boneless beef ribs. They were okay, but the green beans were either from a can or frozen and the mashed potatoes looked and tasted like they were left over from the night before. At the prices they charge, I was expecting fresh food. My friend ordered the rainbow trout with wild rice. She took one bite of the fish and made a face, then took a bite of her rice and said it tasted spoiled. Nothing doing, she made me taste it. OMG. The fish tasted like mackerel, which means it wasn't rainbow trout or else it was spoiled. And the rice was definitely spoiled. Such a nasty taste! We complained to our waiter and he said it had a lot of lemon on it. I know the difference between bad food and the taste of lemon! My friend had a $15 off coupon, which she gave to our waiter when we first ordered. The bill came without the discount, so we had to have that adjusted. We discussed taking a more forceful attitude about our bad food and the bad service, but decided not to based on the lack of interest on the part of the waiter or the chef to our previous complaints. The chef did come out to schmooze it up with a friend of his at the bar, but had no interest in seeing that we were satisfied customers. I would not return to this restaurant and I cannot recommend it.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank AlohaAnn6
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not that great at all”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Atmosphere and decor were very nice - waiter and service was great. Ordered salmon cakes and calamari as appetizers which for sure were microwaved and bland. They advertise and promote that they value quality and taste but that was hard to believe when the salmon cakes were mushy and oily. It was by far the worst appetizer i have ever ordered which really really created a poor experience right from the start. My wife ordered the stuffed trout and i ordered the "chef burger" which were both actually good. Overall though I would not return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Suleimo
Albuquerque, NM
“Hard to find but well worth the effort!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I had brunch last Sunday. What a delight. We had a Groupon so we tried more on the menu than we normally would have. We started out with Mimosas and Crab Cakes. The crab cakes were wonderful. Light, flaky and not dry as is so often the case. One brunch was listed as sweet or savory crepes. The server said it was possible to get one of each which my hubby did. Great choice. The savory is pulled pork with a red chili sauce. Yum. Not too spicy but very tasty combination of spices. Sweet crepe was fresh berry crepe with blueberry creme brûlée filling. Fabulous! Highly recommend. I had the crab eggs benedict. Excellent. Not sure what was added to the hollandaise sauce but a winner. It came with bacon that had a sweet red chili sauce on it. I wasn't to sure about the description but it was so good my hubby and I fought over it! Service was excellent. Staff was well educated on the menu as we had several questions. Even though we came in on a coupon, they offered us a very nice coupon that advertised happy hour on the patio, 1/2 price bottle of wine, or buy one get one free entree. We will certainly go back even though it is clear across town from us. Suggest reservations for Brunch. It was quite busy. Several menu items have a southwest or Native American fusion.

• Visited March 2013