“Poor customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Cool Water - CLOSED

Cool Water
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: CoolWater opened in July 2010 with a new vision for dining in the North East Hights. Fusion cuisine is a collection of world flavor and taste sensations that are sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate. The menu presents a truly unique blend for the ultimate taste experience. CoolWater accommodates all culinary desires and is available for dining, catering, and special functions. We are committed to using local products and supporting small local businesses. Join us for lunch, dinner, or Sunday brunch. We are tucked away in the heart of the North East Heights in the Wyoming Shopping Mall.
“Poor customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a living social voucher that we needed to use. We invited another couple to have dinner since none of us had been to this particular restaurant before. We asked for two separate tickets before hand and ordered. The restaurant had its daily deals in which our friends ordered. When their ticket came, they were charged full price since we had the livingsocial voucher. They were not allowed to have the daily discount prices because they were at the table as us. The host was rude about it and didn't attempt to make it right. We will never return nor recommend it to anyone. The food in my opinion was overly expensive to begin with and to have terrible customer service- not worth it!

3 Thank Noel2003

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not so special specials”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Living social had a coupon and that was the one and only reason I ventured out of my regular stomping ground to scope out Coolwater, and frankly I have no reason to ever go back. Ambiance was great, service was great, but nothing that I ate was anything special. The coupon entitled me and my manfriend to an appetizer, two entrees and two drinks of our choice. We chose the crabcakes for an appetizer. Flavors were ok, but it was 95% cake vs. 5% crab and there was not enough of the buerre blanc. At $12.95 a pop, I'd expect a little more. For an entree, my companion ordered the bacon wrapped rainbow trout. He was satisfied with it and the taste that I had was pretty good. Made me jealous. I decided to order the Salmon special they were running. Presentation, beautiful, but my fish was gelatinous in the middle, from the skinny ends of the cut to the fat center. I thought that it was maybe the piece of fish or the preparation (maybe poached?) and ate around the squishy center, but when I noticed another diner send back her salmon for the same reason, I was very disappointed realizing that it was not just my piece of fish or it's preparation, but a consistency. Not only was my meal more than sub-par, but I had to pay an extra ELEVEN dollars for the slimy piece of salmon. I have never sent a meal back in my life, but I definitely regret not doing so with this fish. The best thing I had all night was my glass of wine. Basically, I'd say that Coolwater is not worth it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank A D L
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the hype, aside from the bread pudding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband and I had been wanting to come here for a while, and got the perfect opportunity when we saw that livingsocial had a deal for them! We made online reservations, got a confirmation e-mail, and showed up on time only to find out that the online system doesn't work and there were no tables available. Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long! The appetizer was really good - blue corn crusted onion rings with green chili ranch dip. We were not impressed with our entree's, however. My fried chicken, though it had a delicious chipotle honey glaze, was a bit overcooked and dry. Ryan's short ribs had a standard pot roast flavor but a bit bland. Both came with the same sides, which were good but very basic. A heaping of mashed potatoes and some green beans. The dessert, however, was a whole different story. AMAZING! If you go, get the bread pudding. The live music was also really nice. We probably won't be back since there are so many other restaurants to try.

• Visited June 2012
Cedar Crest, New Mexico
“Try the garlic mashed potatoes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

My table ordered the blue corn friend chicken and tilapia. I thought the chicken was ok. I was expecting a coating with more flavor than what was served. The tilapia was nicely seasoned. The proportions on the chicken/mashed potato plate were enormous compared to the tilapia/pilaf -- more consistency would be nice.

Like the title says, I thought the garlic mashed potatoes were excellent. I'm a huge fan of garlic and these looked liked they had garlic minced over the top of the potatoes.

There were a variety of sandwiches on the lunch menu and I am looking forward to trying those.

Service wasn't great, but it could have been an off night. We'll be going back.

• Visited June 2012
Odessa, Texas
“awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

great selection awesome food loved everything........................

• Visited March 2012