“Great crepes”

Dining options: Reservations
New York
“Great crepes”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Ordered lamb as my entree and the sauce was salty, the lamb was not as delicious as what I used to have when I was in NY state. I had banana flambe for dessert and this was delicious! The serving was huge, the rum is strong which i liked. Next time, I should order crepe for entree as well as for dessert. I think crepes are their specialty. Service is great and make sure to call for reservation. Closed on Sundays.

• Visited October 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Food so good it will make you forget”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I initially heard about this place from a server there who I met at a local happy hour in town. She spoke highly of the food and the chef, Jean Pierre, so naturally I couldn’t resist.

My first time visiting this restaurant was for dinner. This is not a large venue by any means. It is a quaint little place in a popular area of town that is located in a strip mall. The soft lighting is nice for the evening and the music they play is pleasing. My only complaint is that the tables are a bit too close together and I often saw servers dodging various obstacles as they milled about the place.

I started dinner with a super tasty French Onion soup. Just about the only thing I could tell was wrong with it was it was too hot to dig into right away without singeing my tongue. The soup was full of onion and cheese and the bread on top was just the perfect amount to balance out the rest of the soup.

The main course was quite memorable. I had the Boeuf en Croute which was a melt in your mouth beef tenderloin in a puff pastry. Each bite was better than the last. This meal came with sides of rice and mixed vegetables which were among the most tasty I have every sampled.
About half way through my meal I took a bite of those great vegetables and got a hair in my mouth that came from my server’s head. I brought it to her attention and she sincerely apologized and brought out a fresh new side for me. Stuff like that usually means I will only go to a restaurant once but I so enjoyed my meal I let this transgression slide by.

I took a friend there for lunch recently and we had a great experience. We both enjoyed the French Onion soup to start our meals. I so enjoyed my tenderloin from the last time I went with it again just this time there was no pastry and the meat was done in a red wine reduction with some mushrooms. Very good. My friend had the mussels done in a cream garlic sauce that were quite delectable. For dessert we split a peach melba which pretty much amounted to a cocktail glass filled with peach slices and various flavored whipped creams. It had a nice delicate flavor but it was a bit too bland for my palette.

Overall this is a great place for French food in ABQ it is just advisable to go when there aren’t tons of people so you can avoid the distraction of overhearing every word spoken by those next to you.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Loco_Norteno_30
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“2 days in advance”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Went to Cafe Jean Pierre for lunch. The Food was mediocre at best and the menu description did not reflect what I was actually served. The waiter was trying so hard to be funny that he came off as very rude. To top off our experience my husband pointed to a meal someone else had been served and was told he could not order that because he did not call 2 days in advance. I would not go back.

• Visited May 2013
Albquerque
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Cafe for the first time on December 29th for dinner. Small setting like a Paris bistro. We had a sea bass and veal for our entrees. Both were superb with delicious sauces. Our starter of butternut squash soup and garden salad very tasty and fresh. The bread was very good and crusty. Our desert of four cheeses wrapped in a crepe was excellent. I wish the wine list a little stronger with more choices. Also, while it is an intimate setting, I had an ugly view of metal shelves stacked with food item and linen leading into the kitchen will a very bright fluorescent light. Jean-Pierre needs to fix this and he will have the right setting for all dinner.

We plan on return!

2 Thank WALLY B
Cedar Park, Texas
“Albuquerque hidden gem--authentic and not to be missed!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stopped for the night in Albuquerque on a recent trip and were thrilled to find this newly opened and nearly hidden very authentic French cafe. The exterior is a bit misleading and off-putting. We decided to try it anyway. We arrived without a reservation, but they kindly accommodated us. For less than we spent on awful lunches during the trip, we had 2 magnificent huge delicious crepes and authentic Soup a l'onion. It was superb, and should not be missed. We spend a lot of time in France, and truly appreciate authentic cuisine. This is extremely authentic, elegant, quaint and cozy, and fits every price range from gourmet diner to light eater. We did not feel ostracized wearing our jeans, sweaters and quilted vests from our travels. The staff is professional and attentive. It is well worth the trip for lunch or dinner, but I would suggest reservations, as the space is limited. It is perfect for a romantic evening. My crepe Florentine was immense, as well as delicate, and extremely flavorful with spinach and swiss chess on the inside with the top of the crepe covered with cheese. My husband's ham with béchamel sauce (jambon fromage) crepe was equally delicious. The onion soup was heavenly, with just the right flavoring and cheese baked perfectly. I ordered a cup but wished I had ordered a bowl; but I wanted to leave room for the delectable crepe. Even their table water was delicious--filtered with no metallic after taste! Our entirely filling and delicious dinner came to $34, and was the best meal we had during the entire trip, and for a fraction of the cost. If we hadn't been so well sated, we would have opted for their creme brûlée, which was reputed to be excellent. We will definitely return here whenever we return to this city, regardless of whether or not we are staying nearby. It is well worth any amount of travel.

• Visited December 2012