“Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Families with children
new rochelle
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Without a doubt, the best Chinese food in Albuquerque! Actually, it's better than many Chinese food restaurants in NYC. The menu is quite extensive, and all the ingredients were fresh. Also, no msg! We had take out, and our server was sure to be positive that our order was complete--great service. The portions were generous, so be careful not to over order--unless you plan on leftovers (which were yummy) the next day.
The next time we are visiting, we will be sure to eat at the restaurant--it looked great.

• Visited November 2012

Marlton, NJ
“Pretty good Chinese in a place you wouldn't expect it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stopped by for some takeout during a recent business trip. The menu was extensive, and creative -- beyond the usual fare you see on a takeout Chinese menu. I had wonton soup and chicken with cashews. Both were very good ... and I'm a wonton soup snob. The soup had a little extra bite ... I think it was ginger ... not overwhelming, but a very nice twist. The cashew chicken was wonderful. There was a decent crowd dining in. I will go back and dine in .. and see how things go. Every table I looked at had very appetizing dishes on the table. The prices were extremely reasonable.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Kathykoer
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Chinese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I really love Budai. The food has been good every time I've gone. I introduced a few co-workers to it, and now they are all Budai fans as well.
My favorite dish is the jalapeno chicken. It's sweet and spicy without being overwhelming. They have a lot of good vegetarian options. The eggplant is delicious, and I was introduced to hollow heart vegetable here, which is a great dish alone, or split it with someone and get a chicken dish as well. I also appreciate that they are willing to work with customers on special diets. If you want something low(ish) sodium or low carb, just talk to your server about it.
The interior is pleasant enough, and pretty typical of Chinese restaurants. The staff is usually attentive. It does get a bit busy at times. In those instances you might not have as attentive of service as you would like, but the food is worth it.
The lunch specials are a great deal: very low cost for what you get.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank HikerGatherer
New Mexico, USA
“Better than New York Chinatown iconic spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Just back from NYC where we ate at a very famous and popular spot in Chinatown. For me, it fell short. Budai's mini pork steamed buns are far superior, with thin and delicate wrappers and vinegar/ginger dunk. Same goes for the potstickers with their brighter tasting mix of stuffing and finer wrapper, and egg rolls that are crisp, not drippy with oil like the NYC version.
I'll stick with the street hotdogs in NYC and save my Chinese food cravings for Budai.
Budai isn't fancy but great for casual supper, and the bubbly hostess is always fun. The number of Asian diners is a sure indicator they do it right.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ared505
“Good quality Chinese food and maybe even the best in Albuquerque!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

We are foodies and dont normally stick to one restaurant unless it's amazing and budai is one of those amazing places! For 3 years we had been craving Chinese food and had given up because we couldnt find one that was consistently good until we discovered Budai!! Budai has modern decor, the service is great, it's family owned, the food is consistently good and the prices and portions are very good! Our favorite dishes are the mongolian beef soup, shrimp in garlic sauce, the lo mein, cashew chicken, crab rangoons and the fried rice is always good! I can't say enough about this restaurant. Also, you know a restaurant is good when it always has customers - like Budai.

2 Thank Kellystjohn