“Beautiful, well kept campground with poor wi-fi”
Review of American RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
American RV Resort
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful, immaculate RV Campground. This was one of the nicest campgrounds we have stayed in. The staff was very friendly & helpful. Bath rooms were very clean. Our site was near private restrooms & showers which was great. Each site was well landscaped. They offered a continental breakfast each morning. They a good selection including great boiled eggs. The gift shop had a good selection of merchandise with reasonable priced items. They had a real nice pool & enclosed hot tub. The pool was open & the water was warm yet refreshing. Hot tub was wonderful. My only complaint was the wi-fi service. I was told I could sign on up to five networks. Only two showed up as choices on my IPhone & iPad. Regardless of the time of day or night I was unable to access their wi-fi. The only reason I gave a poor rating on value was because prices were very high due to the Balloon Fiesta. They are probably in line for a nice campground at other times.

• Stayed: October 2013
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at American RV Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

We really appreciate you taking the time to write an honest review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during the annual Balloon Fiesta! We are always looking at ways to improve the park and our wireless internet is often one of the most requested amenities we offer. During our busiest weekends (of which Balloon Fiesta is #1) we often have over 300+ guests using multiple devices all trying to access the internet at once. Unfortunately this creates quite a congestion problem on the network, no matter how fast our speeds are! We'll do our best to look into solutions that help address this problem but we're so glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We're pretty new to the RV'ing life and we tend to wander without much of a plan so its kind of a crapshoot when we choose a park. We've stayed at some really nice places but we've also had our share of bad parks. We would definitely recommend this park. We're a very big rig so that's a top priority. This park accommodated us easily. All concrete pads with picnic tables. The laundry was excellent. The WiFi was excellent! ( I can't tell you how many parks we've stayed in that the WiFi was useless!). We stayed a week because there is just so much to do in the area. Even though the park is located outside of town, it was no problem with the easy I40 access.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Foodiekristy
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Sorry its taken so long to get to this review, we stayed here in May 2013. We have a 33 ft motor home and stayed here because the Route 66 hotel dosent have any hook ups for RVs. The park is some what clean, although I thought the prices were a little on the high side for what you get. It seemed the staff had a little atttitude,my coach is a little old,1990, they told me i could only stay a short time because of its age. They put me in the rear of the park so the newer rigs could be showcased up in front. I noticed a couple of real old trailers that looked like they were permenent residents,When I inquired about this I was told the policy just went into effect and they were grandfathered in. Basically I was told to mind my own business.

Room Tip: Dont come during Baloon Fiesta unless you already have a reservation,BTW the prices double at that t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank nmfallguy
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived just after closing and was met by attendant who guided us to our site. This campground can accommodate a number of RV's. Great pads. Very roomy. Right off the Interstate and only a few miles from the City. Book months in advance for the balloon festival. Otherwise, you may risk having to rely on a late cancellation. We visited in late August when we could pick our spot. Bathrooms are all travertine tiled, clean and spacious. Nice pool and hot tub. Great reception area with dining area for continental breakfast offered. We didn't partake in this but it looked like a nice gathering area with fireplace (obviously not in use in August). Laundry room prices were reasonable. Although there are some trees, I would not consider this a shady, but that's to be expected. We couldn't use charcoal grill due to heightened fire threat. Lives up to their Good Sam seal. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here recently and very much enjoyed the park. We arrived late, but the paperwork was waiting for us as promised and we entered and set-up with no issues. The park itself was very nice: clean with good hook-ups and wide, well spaced, level pads. We didn't have the opportunity to use any of the facilities, but we did see much of them and they all looked quite nice. About the only gripe I have is that the park is rather far outside of the city limits of town....a drive in for dinner was about 15 minutes. The trade-off was the view: spectacular vistas of the city at night!

All in all, we'd stay here again given the opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm not sure where the great reviews are coming from for this place. We stayed here and were pretty disappointed. The pool was dirty and very cold, the sites were crowded and there was very little landscaping. There was a tiny, broken down park for the kids that had no shade at all, and the dog area was just a plot of desert with a fence around it and a metal picnic table. They serve breakfast, but it starts at 8:00 and we wanted to take advantage of the cool morning for traveling, so we left well before that. The clubhouse was nice enough, and the store was pretty well stocked. We asked for a large pull through site because we clarified on the phone that we had a 36 foot rv and were towing, as well as driving a personal vehicle, but when we got there the site was too small, and I had to park all the way across the park, in spite of the fact that almost all the sites around us were empty. One of the front desk ladies commented that we should just take our trailer off and move it to the side, and I said that the whole point of getting a pull through was to not have to do that. To which she responded with a sneer: "Well, that's how it's done, Normally". I was irritated to say the least, but we were only stopping for the night and pulling out early, so I just walked away. I'm glad we didn't plan more than one night here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Aileen M
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Many parks to pick from but this one caught my eye for having all we were looking for and easy access from highway. Parking was very easy there was someone that drove you to the site and stayed to answer any questions. Park grounds clean, shower, laundry and toilet area very clean. A lot of shade, landscape attractive. Simple continental breakfast but many choices. Staff were helpful and courteous. Felt like a home away from home. Have to try if in area. 2 camper dealer close buy for those repairs or items you need. Wal Mart close by too.

Room Tip: We chose #119 it was right by showers and laundry but away from highway and doggy park. Most sites a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple