“Ja, das is GOOD”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Ja, das is GOOD”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

German restaurant and bakery , Located in strip mall. Quaint small in size, Pictures of Germany and beer steins IMPORTANT ,THEY DO NOT SERVE BEER.
Had the hearty German Breakfast.Knockwurst,Brats,schnitsel,eggs and homemade fried potatoes. VERY GOOD .$12
cALL OR CHECK THE INTERNET FOR TIMES.Also call to see what is available from the bakery
I had the best Apple strudel ever. Not very crowded10:30 am sat.am THEY ONLY TAKE CASH.
I want to go there for dinner ,they only serve it twice a week . CALL AHEAD.

• Visited September 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“German home cooking....the Baskin-Robbins of strudel stores”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Dagmar's Restaurant & Strudel Haus is a smallish stripmall restaurant that offers simple but great German dishes...sauerbraten, homemade Bratwurst, Knackwurst, Schnitzels served with German potato salad and the best Sauerkraut I have had since the Kraut suppers I remember from church socials as a youngster. They also have a great variety of sandwiches served on a heavy German rye bread or a large tasty German bread roll (not hard like a Kaiser roll). Not into sausages?....sandwich choices include reuben, chicken salad, roast beef, ham, turkey, liverwurst, and many others. The desserts and strudels are also fantastic.... so save room for dessert or take one home. They make 30 different flavors. Seating is a bit cozy and tables are large, so you may end up sharing a table if it is busy. CASH ONLY...no credit, debit or checks. They serve breakfast and lunch most days, but are open for dinner only Friday and Saturday, so check their website for hours, menu, etc. http://dagmarsrestaurant.com/menu.html

• Visited August 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Excellent food and very informal seating”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dagmar's has been a favorite for my wife and I for 7 years. The food is authentic and delicious. Yes, the hours are limited, the setting informal to the point of feeling like they just opened and maybe some things haven't arrived yet, and unfortunately they can't sell you a beer or wine. BUT, the food is too good to pass on. Simply...go have a great German sandwich or meal!

I see one reviewer says they got sick at Dagmar's. I'm not the cook or their defender, but I can say I've eaten at Dagmar's 20 times or so, my wife the same number, and friends many times too, and the food has always been great. I'll go back soon with no concerns about the quality of the food!

• Visited June 2013
“Great Find!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had heard good things about Dagmar's but had never visited. Well that changed last Saturday. We went for dinner. Not knowing a great deal about German food, we left our dinner choices to the waiter. We told him bring us whatever you think you do the best. We were not disappointed!

He brought us the JaegarSchnitzel and the Sauerbraten. They came with salad, which I would pass on now, knowing what was coming, spaetzel, potato dumplings, red cabbage and German rye bread. They were all delicious, terribly filling and such a treat! We were so full, we had to take half of it home and dessert was totally out of the question! Not to say we didn't get a strudel for the road. It too turned out to be fabulous!

Dagmar's is the kind of local, unassuming spot putting out great food that should be a lot more known than it is. I am sorry we waited so long to visit. We will certainly be back and if you are in the food for a trip to Germany without leaving NM, this is the spot!!

• Visited July 2013
Tijeras
“Great hole in the wall restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Heard from some friends Dagmar's was a hidden gem, and they were right! Love their breakfast schnitzel, the green chili is awesome, take some strudel home. The hours are 9-11 for breakfast, 11-3 for lunch, Friday and Saturday nights for dinner. They do not accept credit cards. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Try them you will love it!

Visited June 2013