“food is great, but service is seriously lacking”
Review of Torinos' at Home

Torinos' at Home
Reserve with OpenTable
Torinos' at Home is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 1,775 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Northern Italian restaurant.Open 6 days a week Monday - Friday 11am to 9 pm and Saturday 1pm - 9pm.
albuquerque
“food is great, but service is seriously lacking”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We recently dined at Torino's, having heard it was very good. The food was excellent, but the service and ambience do not warrant this pricey place. When we arrived for a holiday dinner with friends, we were told by the owner that there were several parties of six and so we should order an appetizer, because the service might be slow. I thought this was a strange way to greet us. We were never given a wine list, but instead the host proceeded to pour samples of their featured wine. Those who chose to have some wine, ordered it without asking the price. They were mighty surprised when their checks came later. I have never been at a restaurant that did not give the guests a wine list with the menu.
When the bread came, no bread plates were given, which I thought was rather shabby. So we were left trying to hold our bread and dip it in the olive oil, with no place to put it down. No additional bread was ever offered. Again, poor service.
The restaurant itself was very barren, with brown paper on the tables. It was not just rustic, but sparse. For the prices, I would have expected a little more of an attempt at ambience. They should do something to counter their location in a strip mall.
Overall, I would rate the experience as average, since the service was not what one would expect from an upscale restaurant and those aspects which were lacking should not have been.

• Visited December 2013

new jerey
“Good food and good friendly service”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I ate here tonight. We really enjoyed the food and our waitress, Carson. We had seen this on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. My salad was very fresh and the dressing was great. My gnocchis with brisket was tasty and the meat was tender. My husband had the goat cheese salad and squid ink pasta and enjoyed both of them. We each had dessert, which was a great way to end the the meal. Meeting the owner and her husband was nice also.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank penney97
“Small Portions”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the restaurant in the past. This time I came in for lunch and was very disappointed with tiny portions of soup and salad. It was very expensive for what I had.

Visited December 2013
Belen,NM
“One of the better ABQ eatteries”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stopped by for our first visit after seeing the place reviewed on Diners, Dives and DriveIn. The bread was to die for; tasty and enjoyable with the olive oil. Menu is limited for dinner choices and there were no special. I had the spaghetti bolognaise, which was okay for a NM restaurant. IT lacked a kick in the sauce. Sufficient meat and vegetables in the sauce, but lacking an Italian kick. My husband had the ravioli; it also was lacking a KICK in the sauce. The pasta were nicely filled, with a separate small piece of beef on the side. The prices were reasonable. Dessert, however, was off this earth for pricing and we skipped. The waitress was reasonable attentive, but with only one other person dining at 4 PM, she could have stopped by more often. Soda was plentiful, which my husband liked, since they delivered a small carafe in addition to the glass. He did not have to wait to do his refill.
Probably would not hurry back; I am from NJ where we know Italian.

We were warned that reservations for dinner are a MUST on the weekends !

• Visited November 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“2nd rate resturant”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Talk about a disappointment. Getting on TV must have gotten to their heads because the food was below the quality that we can get from an Olive Garden. Not only we things overpriced but the service was horrible. Must be why the place was dead on a Friday night. I figure that they won't be around much longer, so if you want to get food made by a short order chef and a microwave, this is the place for you.

• Visited November 2013