“I wish I had gone to Trombinos!”
Review of Torinos' at Home

Torinos' at Home
Reserve with OpenTable
Torinos' at Home is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,817 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Northern Italian restaurant.Open 6 days a week Monday - Friday 11am to 9 pm and Saturday 1pm - 9pm.
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I both had the brisket with gnocchi for dinner and oh my, what an utter dissapointment. The beef was either ridiculously fatty or completely dry and I counted 8 gnocchi in total. For a restaurant that boasts about its pasta, you would expect more than 8 gnocchi. I was very disappointed.
We also had the flour-less chocolate cake. It tasted old and dry.
Overall, we spent way too much money on food that is decidedly sub-par. We will not return.

I wish we had gone to Trombinos. Their food is excellent and fairly priced. (And before you can say that I have no idea what good Italian tastes like, I am Italian, I have eaten many times in Little Italy in NYC, and have travelled to Italy.)

3  Thank katieladylove

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Tripadvisor reviews steered us to a dinner reservation at Torino’s… and it was spot on! Everything was geared towards premium customer service – from Daniela’s description of the menu, to Russell’s excellent table service, and finally the quality of the food and dining experience. Each menu item is hand-crafted with skill and love of cuisine. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a delicious appetizer of marinated figs with prosciutto and a sparkling wine. Our entrée, although from the appetizer menu, was a healthy serving of several delicately fried offerings (Fritto Misto): pecorino Romano ravioli, baccalao croquettes, fried calamari, and tarragon aioli. We capped the dinner with some strong espresso and relived our holidays in Italy!

1  Thank SchnauzerBridget
Reviewed July 13, 2013

golly, i never thought that this restaurant would still be in business. extremely fatty brisket - extremely - and report to the wait person only elicited - oh, i'm sorry....the wines were good but i felt bait-and-switch - we are out of the less expensive wines..... this was months ago but the lack of responsiveness when we showed the amount of fat on our brisket? not only should our entire meals should have been comped but they should have offered a dessert or wine....nope, let me guess, they were out of the wine....

perhaps approximately 3-4 months after we visited, they have improved....just had to post this after i saw how many people said positive comments (and yes, i understand the importance of some fat in the flavor of dishes....this was beyond flavor.....and, yes, i have had authentic italian cuisine in various parts of itay....)

3  Thank gerandran
torinos, Owner at Torinos' at Home, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Yes we are still in business!
What kind of review is that
You came to our restaurant ordering a beef brisquet a fatty cut if you wanted lean meat we serve a flat iron steak. Your review is very offensive, I understand that you might not like our place but I will ask you to change the title of your review as it is uncalled for.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went to eat for the first time at Torinos' and thought it was absolutely great both in terms of service and the food. Everything was very fresh. The outdoor patio (in the shade) was lovely. I had the tuna steak and it was perfect. The homemade olive bread was delicious!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our first visit, right after they relocated from Santa Fe, did not leave us impressed. We've been back twice and they've won us over. Excellent food that reflects the owners - not the same cookie cutter menu items you see at many restaurants. From appetizer all the way to cappuccino with dessert, the food is high quality, well prepared, and very tasty.