“Fish delish, noise annoys”
Review of Torinos' at Home

Torinos' at Home
Reserve with OpenTable
Torinos' at Home is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Northern Italian restaurant.Open 6 days a week Monday - Friday 11am to 9 pm and Saturday 1pm - 9pm.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Albuquerque has needed a good Italian restaurant for a long time. So I looked forward to trying Torino’s @ Home, which came with good reviews. My wife and I went with our daughter and another couple. After a competent Fritto Misto appetizer, both wife and I decided to try the monkfish/risotto special. I usually refrain from ordering a special on the assumption that it’s something the kitchen is “just practicing,” as opposed to regular menu items, which they have perfected. But the waiter’s description was hard to resist, and we both were happy we didn’t. The fish was very well prepared, the sauce, the risotto and the surrounding tomato a treat for eye and palate. Our daughter reported liking her wild mushroom ravioli a lot. The couple we were with, however, were less satisfied with the simpler pasta dishes they had ordered. That noted, the main negative of our visit to Torino’s, something I hope the owners will soon fix, was that the room was way too noisy for us to carry on a conversation. There isn’t a soft surface to be found. Live music only made matters worse. By about 9, things were better. Many tables were vacant and the musician was gone. Then, at last, we could talk -- over a lovely pistachio flan.

1  Thank TerribleIvan

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had the chance to go to Torino @ Home in ABQ; How did we choose it? I surfed Tripadvisor.com....I made the RIGHT CHOICE: EXCELLENT RESTAURANT, starting with the location, plenty of parking, quiet area, the building even if does not look elegant, is hosting for sure one of the best Restaurants in ABQ, maybe the best for a nice dinner;
SERVICE was very distinguished, we asked if they are using MSG and the reply was clear: NOT AT ALL; Everything is fresh, made by them, the waiters are very discrete, not coming each minute to ask you "Hy guys how is going?" and you are with the spoon in your hand ...no, they are serving promptly, VERY CLEAN, and the FOOD, the FOOD IS AWESOME! All the glasses were crystal clean, the tablecloth and napkins; A pleasure to spend an evening in this restaurant were not a loudly singer is completing the atmosphere very nice and elegant! We were hungry: once at the table, we ordered and in the next 3 minutes they brought us complimentary some tapas presented very well, and we enjoyed everything! From the point of view of the PRICE QUALITY ration, I think these people are VERY GOOD; Not too pricy (let's hope that they will not raise the prices after this review), portion are very nice, not to overfed you, taste of food is FABULOUS! Mainly Italian, pasta, but as well local food spicy is available and it tastes perfect! I would definitely say that it was the best Restaurant that we visited.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We (3 of us) had a great breakfast here. Started out with a hazelnut mocha coffee (suggested by our waitress, which just sounded wonderful.... and, it was!). This was followed by the breakfast panini, and very delicious omelet. The service was great and we were all happy with our food, so you can't ask for more than that. Wanted to try this restaurant for dinner (they were only opened on the weekend for dinner or we would have gone there), but we never made it, unfortunately. Maybe next time!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Sorry, I love Mexican food, but sometimes you just need something else. This is the place!!! Don't let the "strip mall" location effect you what soever. Great wine list, great server (he was from my hometown area in so cal so slightly biased), he made it super fun. Had simple salads for starter and my non-salad eating husband ate every piece, yummy. Whoever didn't like the brisket ravioli must have had it on an off night, it was delicious. Others had pesto, awesome; baked chicken, very moist and tasty and carbonara but I didn't taste that one, apparently it was gobbled up too fast:)

Unassuming place, we were there for very late lunch but I guess they have live music at night. All in our party said it was one of the best meals they'd had and I would agree. I know everyone that reviews on tripadvisor says how particular they are so must believe them, but honestly, i really am picky and it really was good:)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Nice space, wonderful food freshly prepared with care. Everyone enjoyed themselves. I wish it was open for dinner more than a couple of days,