“BEST PHILLY CHEESESTEAK IN TOWN”
Review of Itsa Italian Ice

Itsa Italian Ice
Ranked #43 of 71 Dessert in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've been here numerous times and will keep going back. Having been born & raised in Philly I'm always looking for a good steak sandwich. This is the best I've found in NM to date. Steve and his family take their job seriously and put out a quality product. The Italian Ice is very good and the scoops are huge.
A small family run place, a bit out of the way but worth searching for.

1  Thank johnabq

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Best Cheesesteak in ABQ! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! The Philly with Green chile is like no other, can't get enough of it. I ask for mine with extra Chile for even more kick. Fries are homemade and delicious compliment to sandwhich. Still haven't tried anything else on the menu but my wife swears by the hotdogs as well and I see a lot of people order the burgers too. Nutty Buddy Bar for dessert with lots of nuts and thick chocolate is Huge and should be shared even though good enough to eat solo.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

Just found this place -- A nondescript building off Menaul & 2nd. We went to try the Italian ice (of course) and ended up getting a second cup each. All the flavors were good, although the flavors weren't quite a strong as I recall from back East. The value was great.

We tried the green chili cheese fries, which is good, old diner friend with processed cheese and chopped green chilis -- quite good. The menu looked perfect for a good, old diner lunch.

The inside is so cute -- looks just like an old-time diner with retro memorabilia on the wall. It's super clean, too! The staff was so friendly and genuinely seemed happy to serve customers.

This was worth a little drive, and we'll surely be back!

Reviewed May 23, 2010

Had my first true Philly Cheese Steak sandwich 25 years ago in Philly, and have been looking for a comparable one ever since. I finally found one! Itsa's was absolutelty the best I've had since. The steak was thin sliced and grilled to perfection, and the peppers and cheese were cooked perfectly. The roll was the perfect combination of crispy outside and soft inside. The atmosphere is very 50's diner style, with restored soda machines, gas pumps, etc, and it is immaculately clean. The name throws you somewhat, and doesn't make one think of a good place for Cheese Steak sandwiches, but I believe they've been around a while and probably need to be known to their long standing local customers. In any case, check them out........you absolutely won't be disappointed!

Reviewed May 5, 2010

If you've been craving a great Philly cheese steak, stop by Itsa and try theirs. It's very true to what I expect in a cheese steak plus you have the option of adding green chile...wow! Our lunch came with fries and an open fountain all for about $7...well worth it! The green chile cheese fries are also a great treat! The restaurant is clean, clean, clean! This is a great family owned and operated place and it shows in the service. My friend and I had a nice chat with the owners who are very willing to keep patrons happy and coming back! And the italian ice is out of this world! All fresh and homemade and we even had a few samples before choosing our final flavor. I highly recommend the cantaloupe! Because Itsa is a bit off the beaten path (Phoenix is right off 2nd between Claremont NW and La Poblana NW) you have to look a little harder to find them, but you'll be glad you made the effort!