“small plates, all excellent”
Review of Cosmo Tapas - CLOSED

Cosmo Tapas
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Sierra
Transit: The city bus stop is 30 yards from our doors.
Description: The Albuquerque Journal gave us its highest rating a few months after we opened, the first time they gave that rating to a new restaurant in 20 years. Come for the food and you will also enjoy the upscale contemporary decor, the full bar/lounge, and the patio. The perfect place in upscale Nob Hill. We serve "tapas" (small plates) with European, Asian, and South American influences and a great selection of entrees for a wonderful dining experience. Tapas are the essence of an entree, not fillers. A second review "An Affair to Share" highlighted the social nature of tapeo (eating tapas). We invite you to taste the foods we prepare with love and with the best ingredients- including our Albuquerque the Magazine award winning scallops. If you cannot decide which ethnic restaurant to go to, visit us- our motto is "taste the world". Enjoy our very specially selected wines and drink creations our bartenders/chef team won second place in the city! Our entertainment is great.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Last time we were here we tried their Paella which was great. This time we were with two friends so there were four of us and we ordered four tapas. We then ordered two more. There were a couple of things I did not think I would like (like black pudding) but they also were excellent. The plates were beautifully presented which also made them more appealing. I would definitely go back anytime. It is just a difficult decision on what to order because it is all so very delicious.

Guillermo L, Owner at Cosmo Tapas, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are raked very high in Trip Advisor because reviews such as yours where we get 5 out of 5! Upcoming events are- Champagne dinner on December 3; Puerto Rico night (food specials are PR food) on December 12; Flamenco show on December 14. Details in our web site www.cosmotapas.com Guillermo Loubriel- owner.

There are newer reviews for Cosmo Tapas

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I would not normally give an "Excellent" rating to a slightly funky, casual, out-of-the-way spot like Cosmo Tapas, but this place is a real find. My only question is what the next iteration will look like when they have to expand to meet growing demand. A friend introduced me and two other work associates to Cosmo a few days ago, and we had tapas and paella in the bar/lounge area (the very casual, very funky side of the restaurant - the more formal dining room is really quite attractive). Service was OK. Food was a wow! We shared a pitcher of sangria (very nice, light and refreshing), tapas (calamares and jamon Serrano, both excellent) and a better-than-just-excellent seafood paella. Really quite wonderful. Cosmo's paella comes in four versions - mixto (mixed, the one I'm used to that has chicken and sausage as well as seafood); vegetariana (vegetarian, with seasonal vegetables); de carnes (meat, with chicken, chorizo sausage and pork loin); and de mariscos (seafood, lots of it, including a Seville crawfish - lovely). My wife misses paella since she developed shellfish allergies. I'll take her to Cosmo for the paella de carne first chance I get. For dessert we shared a raspberry flan (sounds odd and it was unlike any flan we had had before, but it was delicious!) and a tres leches cake (also yummy). I understand the flan selections change often, and will look forward to whatever flan is offered next time.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had not tried this restaurant even though it has been around for 4 1/2 years. A pleasant surprise. It started with a great waiter and continued with a unique selections of cocktails, wine and beer. When you go try one of their house special infused vodka. In keeping with the name we never got beyond the wide selections of tapas. That's not entirely true. we did save room for some great deserts. A must visit in ABQ.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth visit to Comos Tapas and once again the food, service and atmosphere were all superb. We were a party of 5 and everyone loved this place and each time we go, we take someone new to show them what Albuquerque has to offer in the way of delicious food and owners that really care about making customers 100% happy and satisfied!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food and service are good and the atmosphere is really nice. This is a great place to go after a movie or a show when you want to eat something, but not a lot, and socialize. The idea is to order a few items and share them. Tapas are not the standard, oversized "American" portions, which is fine for me but probably not for someone with a larger appetite (though there are also non-tapas items available). The fish tacos are good; you get 2 for $9. The vegetable skewers are 2 for $7 (?). The bill was about $42 + tip for 2 people, with 2 drinks and 3 tapas. To me, that's somewhat pricey given the portion size but it's kind of an upscale-ish place. I was there after work on a Tuesday and it wasn't crowded at all. It seems to be more of a weekend and late-night place, so go on a weekday if you prefer to avoid crowds.