“Not in a hurry to go back”

Route 66 Casino Hotel
Ranked #63 of 227 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get your kicks like never before at Route 66 Casino! Route 66 Casino Hotel and RV Resort is located less than 20 minutes west of downtown Albuquerque. The Route 66 Casino Hotel offers over 1,300 slot and video poker machines, 26 table games, a 500-seat bingo hall, a dedicated poker room with 10 tables, five restaurants, five bars, 8,000 sq. feet of convention space, nightclub, arcade and retail gift shop.
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Heard all kinds of amazing reviews so i was extra disappointed when the steak sucked. I honestly get better sirloin from walmart and outback steakhouse is definitely better. They steak had no flavor and was pretty fatty. The sude dishes were pretty blah as well. My husband said the prime rib was good but he prefers the prime rib from rt 66 buffet on Thursdays. The views are gorgeous..

All reviews
"nm"
in 7 reviews
"air"

Reviewed April 8, 2013

don't think you'll win, but for a casino its ok. Good concerts and restaurants. Nice place to go for something different. Sandia casino has a great sports bar and specials. Route 66 could take few lessons from them in that area.

1  Thank quitoCR
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Best local casino!!! Best local staff and the food at all the venues is great. LOve The Thunder Road.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went to see the Moody Blues last week at the venue at Route 66 and will say, it is a nice theater, not a bad seat in the house, good acoustics. We went in advance to have a couple drinks at one of the bars, which was good but it was very smokey. I did not see any smoke free places as I have seen in other casinos so just be aware of that if smoke bothers you. I rate the theater as very good. We did not really get into the casino part of this attraction.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went here to see Joan Jett and to have an ultra-special meal together. O. M. G. Ember's steak house is - HONESTLY - THE best restaurant experience I have EVER had. I've traveled to Europe, I've dined in major metropolitan cities. I get it.

The service at Ember's was IMPECCABLE. We never felt rushed, watched, or ignored. Every time we needed something, someone would magically appear and take care of it for us. The dining room is very nice and comfortable.

The food.. Oh, the food. EVERY. Single. Dish. Was. PERFECT. We stuffed ourselves. It was MAGICAL. For each of us to have two drinks, an appetizer, an entrée, coffee and dessert it was ~$250 with tip. WELL worth the money. I can't say enough good things about that place. They really do a great job.

The casino facility itself is nice, too! We're not big on casinos so we don't much care to gamble or take advantage of that sort of thing, but the steak house is something we'll definitely be back for.