“Finally found a great pizza in Abq.”

Old Town Pizza Parlor
Ranked #61 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Neighborhood: West Old Town
NM
“Finally found a great pizza in Abq.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We really enjoyed this pizza parlor for the meal, old fashioned atmosphere and nice employees. We struggle to find pizza that meet our standards and most are okay and my kids eat it. I like when I want to eat the crust and lick my plate. You can't beat the location close to old town. The place is old fashioned looking and cute. We ordered a simple cheese pizza for the kids and had an appetizer, calzones, and desert. The kids ate the whole pizza, crust included and loved it. They said it had great flavor. The appetizer was great and the calzone were some of the best I have had. The ricotta was not just a blob of it but had seasoning mixed in to give it flavor as well as their garlic infused olive oil to dip and marinara. Desert was a skillet brownie bubbling hot with ice cream and toppings for all six of us was a nice little sweet treat for us to share. It was large.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank momandnmexplorer

“Great value for money”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Made to order pizza - great crust. Large portions - good value. Nice to have this option among all the mexican restaurants.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Freedom2024
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

After traveling all day, read the reviews for nearby restaurants, and this one sounded great....but the pizza was not good! Thin crust with even thinner topping. Maybe it was just a bad day or a bad menu choice on my part, but I found it to be one of the worst pizzas I ever had.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is a fantastic little hidden away pizza restaurant - a friend and I were on a Route 66 drive and stopped off in Albuquerque (which disappointingly is the most boring place on Earth) and wandered in to this fantastically authentically decorated restaurant. Everything from the menu to the service was simple and excellent and the food was even better.

The staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, the portions were huge and the prices were low. Couldn't recommend it higher, just a shame it's not somewhere better in the US!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Richard A
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Excellent & unique pizzas, great service”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Modest surrounding belie a delicious pizza experience. The Pizza of the Day was the"Breaking Bad" pizza, which included "Walter White Sauce" among other 'punny' ingredients, and got a chuckle from our group.
Someone I know ordered a pizza with pineapple and green chili, which cast me into a cultural confusion, but was reportedly delightful. The Parlor Pie was delicious--scrumptious sausage, green chili, and extra cheese.
Excellent value.
Suggestions? (Paltry.) The front door needs to be fixed so that it closes reliably, and don't be put off by the loudness of the music as you approach; it's not too loud inside.

2 Thank suz55tbird