“Neighborhood and destination dining.”

St. Clair Winery & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Clair Winery & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Cross street: SW - Rio Grande & I-40
Transit: City bus located in front of restaurant.
Description: Enjoy nationally acclaimed award winning NM wines along with a full restaurant, wine bar and retail wine shop. St Clair Winery & Bistro also offers wine tasting, patio or private dining, and live entertainment. We Cater! Large Party Options: Pickup, Delivery, On-Site Catering, and Off-site Catering available
Albuquerque, NM
“Neighborhood and destination dining.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It is a comfortable place to be, good food, New Mexico wine with tasting options, happy to go with friends and comfortable recommending to my B & B guests.

Visited March 2013

Chimayo, New Mexico
“The lack of staff training was detrimental to the dining experience.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked a 3 PM reservation for a party of 6 for Easter Sunday. We were aware that there was a $25 buffet offering. However, when we made the reservation, we were not told that this was the ONLY option for dining that day. For 1 or 2 people that were in our group, the $25 buffet was a bit pricey. We most likely would have chosen a different dining establishment that offered additional dining options has we know this in advance. When we were seated, we were told that the $25 buffet did not include ANY beverages of any sort, which I found to be a bit stingy. At that price, a cup of coffee, a glass of tea or a soft drink should have been included. To complicate the situation, we were not made aware that they closed at 4 PM (our reservation was at 3 PM). Given that we were paying $25 for a buffet and we were a group of friends, we wanted to be able to relax, eat at a leisurely pace and enjoy each other’s company. However, the staff informed us that they were closed and brought us our checks. We were surprised that they were closed but we paid our bill and lingered at our table a bit longer, only to have a waitress come by and literally snatch our cloth napkins off of our table in a very aggressive manner. It was very rude! I’m in the hospitality business and I can assure you that if it were necessary that they clear the restaurant, this could have been communicated in a polite and diplomatic manner. The buffet had extensive offerings but I noted multiple health code violations. The buffet was set-up outside in the patio area (a lot of the food was in the direct sun). Many of the food offerings had no means of keeping them cool and at a safe serving temperature. For example, there was a large bowl of fresh fruit as well as, peel and eat shrimp, seafood salad, etc. that was left sitting in the sun without being on ice. These items should have been thrown away after sitting unrefrigerated for more than the maximum of 2 hours. Given that we were there at the end of the serving time, I was surprised that nobody got sick. So given the service and my concerns regarding what appeared to be their lack of safe food handling, we won’t be back. The atmosphere was so-so. Nothing bad but also nothing memorable or unique.

• Visited March 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great wine and food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have gone to St Claire's many times for various events, and ALWAYS a great meal and awesome wine selection (something for everyone)!

• Visited March 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Lee”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place seemed promising at first, but I knew we were in for a terrible experience when a demon waiter named Lee insulted the idea of ordering normal chicken, and insisted getting another poultry dish with green chile that "isn't spicy at all." After this meal, I vomited.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank EricaVedder
Albuquerque
“Nice atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had lunch here a few days ago. I was my first time there though I had heard a number of positive things about it. This is both a retail wine shop for St Claire's labels and, as the name indicates, a restaurant.
The person greeting and the server were very pleasant and welcoming.
I ordered the crab cake appetizer, the Mediterranean Salad and a glass of the Blue Teal Shiraz. I enjoy St Claire wines and was not disappointed.
The crab cakes (2 in a serving) were fairly good size in fact, this combined with the large salad was just a bit too much food though those with a bigger appetite would be happy, I would guess.
The crab cakes looked inviting. They were sauteed and had a nice brown "crust". I was looking forward to that first bite and slight crunch. Alas, no "crunch". It was more like they had been sitting just a bit too long before being served and they were soft all through. The taste, however, was very good. Not the best I have ever had, but well above average.
The salad, as I said, was large and very fresh. I enjoyed it a lot and was sorry I just couldn't finish it.
They seem to take their ingredients seriously here.
The service started out nicely then slowed rather markedly. Since I was, at first, the only diner in the room at the time of seating, that surprised a bit. The server was pleasant but perhaps not as well schooled in the art of "watching" the table. My water glass stood empty for several minutes and I was just about to get her attention for a refill when she did a pass-through, noted it, and brought water: good outcome, slow execution.
These are pretty much quibbles as opposed to major complaints. They are issues of detail not really in keeping with the overall feel of the place which is very positive. It's always a concern when staff spend more time chatting than watching tables, which was the case on my visit. This may just have been an off day. I will definitely return.

• Visited April 2013