“Another great HIE experience”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #42 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We like staying at HIE when we travel, as they usually have good value and are well managed, plus the free breakfast fits our needs. This one lived up to our expectations. We stayed one night, then came back for two more nights before flying out of Albuquerque. The location near the airport is very handy, as the drive to the car rental return takes all of five minutes. After the first night, we asked to move away from the front of the hotel and the street noise, and they were very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Birdguy
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Birdguy,

On behalf of our entire team, I want to thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and was well taken care of. We look forward to your next visit!

Warmest regards,

Angel Ortega

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at this HI Express passing West-to-East through Albuquerque.
Pretty easy to find coming off I-40 Eastbound, VERY easy to jump back on I-25 North to I-40.
We also spent the little extra for an "Executive Suite"; SOOOOOO worth it!!!
Standard Holiday Inn Express; bright, welcoming, clean and a very good breakfast spread! We've stayed in HI Express locations in 11 states, and very much enjoy them.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff S
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Jeff S,

Thank you so much for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are very glad to see that you are a fan of the HIE Brand and we hope that you are an IHG Rewards Member??!! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Albuquerque! Have a great afternoon!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed in the HIE near the Albuquerque airport Jan 5-6. I had reservations for Jan 5. because I had a very early flight on the 6th. I got listed on the shuttle schedule and a wake up call. This place is very nice. The bed is very comfortable. They have everything you could want, all your toiletries. They have a nice continental style breakfast. I got to the airport to find I had a cancelled flight and could not fly out until the next day. I went back to the hotel and they gave me an incredible rate to stay an extra night. The wonderful folks at the desk gave me all kinds of ideas of things to to that I had never done around the area before. The shuttle drivers were great. I had a great time and enjoyed my stay and highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Albuquerque Airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank NMHiker1
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear NMHiker1,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found many things to enjoy while stuck here with us!  Should you ever find yourself back in Albuquerque, we look forward to seeing you again. Have a great 2014!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is fantastic. We stayed for 1 night at the Best Western Albuquerque airport on our arrival and 1 night at the Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport on our departure. The Holiday Inn Express was head and shoulders above the Best Western. It was new (or renovated), modern, and clean. The bed was super comfortable, it had free wifi, free breakfast with a good selection (in a clean, modern café), and in close proximity to the airport. We also had an issue with the bathroom when we first arrived and maintenance was up to fix it within 5-10 minutes.

If the price was the same or similar I would pick the Holiday Inn Express over the Best Western in a second.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear TKENZ,

Thank you for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay!! To better keep you here at our property, please contact me and I would be more than happy to set up a great rate with you! Thank you so much again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warmest regards,

(505) 338-5255

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The title says it all! My family and I checked in and the rooms looked brand new! The people there were so great to us, the shuttle drivers were funny, Marely and Angel were amazing, they really put this hotel to light. Traveling with 2 young children has its challenges and when my baby was throwing a fit in the breakfast room, Angel came and brought her some stuff to color with. AWESOME!! Thank you guys for everything. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear jessim1416,

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are glad to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay and that our team placed a smile on your face! It was a pleasure meeting you that morning. I know exactly how that feels when it comes to children, all I have to do is give my daughter something to color with and it is all easy going from there. We hope to see you and your family soon! Have a great 2014!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The title of this says it all. We were there conducting a week long professional certification program for 28 people and used the hotel meeting space, which was a bit tight but very comfortable.

The staff was very responsive, the rates were fair and the week was a success.

Well done!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear HoganHospitality,

Thank you for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to hear that your meeting was a success! Please so not hesitate to contact us for your next event.

Have a great 2014!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I spent 2 nights here as part of our first-ever vacation to New Mexico. We liked the location close to the airport; despite arriving on a late evening flight and driving a rental car in a strange city for the first time, we found the property fairly quickly.

We were warmly welcomed and quickly checked in by the lady working the front desk that night, Debra. Debra was very helpful during our stay and delivered excellent customer service. Explaining that we were tired after a long flight and not wanting to drive around at night looking for a convenience store, Debra quickly gave us several bottled waters to get us through our first night.

We got a suite and did not regret spending the slight premium for more space. The whole room was quite clean which meant a lot to us as we both suffer from dust allergies. The bed was VERY comfortable and we slept well in it. The breakfast the next morning lived up to expectations and carried all the advertised hot items such as egg dishes, sausages and waffles. All the staff we encountered here and throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

I tried the pool on my second night and had a ice swim, despite the small size and consequent limit on the length of my laps. I think I stayed later than the official pool closing time of 11 PM, but the staff graciously let me finish my activity.

The Manager, Angel, seems to take great interest in the customer experience and offered Priority Club members 1,000 points just for dropping her an email and letting her know how things went. For us, things went really well and we felt that this property deserved its current high rating on TA.

Room Tip: Splurge on a suite, we enjoyed the extra space
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank septyandcindy

Dear septyandcindy,

Thank you for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that both our team and Debra was able to make your stay that much more relaxing! We look forward to seeing you again!

Yours in hospitality,