“Spacious, clean AND close to the airport”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #40 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have actually stayed at this hotel a number of times and am just now getting around to review it. Overall it is a clean and well maintained property.

I usually get the deluxe room which is a double sized room with a mini fridge and microwave. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. My only complaint is the lack of in room movies. I was actually surprised that they do not offer this amenity, at least not as of the last time that I stayed there.

The complimentary breakfast is always good. There are a lot of choices and it is set up and kept up pretty good. It has a lot of seating and I have never had to fight any crowds to eat.

The business center computers were not the most reliable and printing was an issue the last time I was there. Fortunately the front desk was able to let me print what I needed from their computer.

The parking is ample and the hotel is conveniently located to the airport which is a big plus for me.

I would say that this is definitely one of the nicest HI Express hotels that I have stayed in and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank HOTELMANTX

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Check in went smoothly as you would expect from Holiday Inn Express staff. Hotel was full and I can see why. Parking lot was well lit and was safe. Large room, 2 phones, 2 night stands, nice seating area & great lighting. Frig and microwave. The bathroom was really beautiful. Granite counter tops with a vessel sink. Nice shower with good water pressure. Quiet room, didn't hear a thing. Plug in's everywhere for our phones and electronics. Frig and Microwave. Bed was very comfortable with nice linens.Good price on the room. Breakfast was nice - pancakes were good and they had fresh fruit. Yes! Not all places do. The breakfast room was huge with lots of tables and the staff did a nice job keeping things filled. Other hotels need to have these pancake makers. They are much better and easier to use than the waffle makers.

We were able to get a ride to Old Town via the hotel shuttle. That was really nice!

This was our first stop in New Mexico. We were very pleased. Next time we come to Albuquerque this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Get a King room. They are really nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank limey52
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments on your recent stay here with us at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your feedback! We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Yours in hospitality,

Angelica Ortega

Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a new property in south Albuquerque. When we arrived in late afternoon, the front desk was a busy place. But the clerk handled the pressure well, and was polite and courteous when it was our turn to check in, and gave us free water for Priority Club membership.

As we specify in our Priority Club profile, we were assigned a quiet room on the lower floor, one level down from main floor.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The breakfast area was large and nicely decorated, a fact we appreciate these days when so many hotels insist on cramped, crowded breakfast areas.

We made a note to stay at this hotel again during our next stay in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites! We are so pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back into Albuquerque!

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Spotlessly clean, lovely spacious, quiet room. Sumptuous comfortable bed. Staff helpful and friendly. Regular, complimentary shuttle to the airport - just a few minutes drive. Great value for money, will book again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here and I look forward to meeting you on your next stay back into Albuquerque!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wow! Wow! Wow! I truly believe that your staff sets the bar for any other Holiday Inn Express and Suites in the World. At the end of a long day it is so nice to come into the lobby and be greeted by a smile and caring attitude. If every business trip was spent at your facility I would never have a complaint.

Keep up the good work and I will see you on my next trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael P
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

That is amazing! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport! We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from us. Thank you again for your kind words. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip into Albuquerque!!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed September 21, 2012

An OK choice if you want to be near the airport. This is a fairly new property, with a larger than usual breakfast area for HI Express, so everything is clean & spiffy. Front desk personnel polite & professional. Only issue were the bed linens. Have not stayed in a hotel for several years, especially a new property, which used such cheap & thin bed linenss. The sheets have the look & feel of something that have been used for 20 years & are past their throw-away dates. Makes you wonder why an owner would spend millions of dollars to open a brand new facility, yet use such cheap linens on the new beds?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport! We realize you have many choices when it comes to hotel lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. I apologize for the issue with our bed linens. Rest assured that we have looked into that matter and will get taken care of right away. As the newest Holiday Inn Express in Albuquerque, we pride ourselves on the clean up to date appearance on our rooms! The next time you are in Albuquerque, we hope you will give us another shot on being your home away from home. Thank you again!

Kind regards,

Angelica Ortega

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The outside the hotel looked really nice but once inside it was just ok. The rooms themselves were dated and it was kind frustrating because our room did not have power in the bathroom and on one side of the room. We called the front desk and it took them about 15 minutes and we could then hear somebody trying to move the breakers up and down but nothing worked. It was actually the front desk lady that came up. She looked really frazzled and moved us to another room it was nicer and bigger (still dated) I would have thought they might have sent somebody up to the room to help move our stuff but at least we got an upgrade. They should have also sent somebody with a new key but instead she said we needed to come down to front desk. The whole issue took about 45 minutes which isn't terrible but when you have been driving for eight hours you just want to clean up and relax. I felt bad for the young lady at the front desk but I also know that guests should not suffer because ownership doesn't have enough staff. I probably would not recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: spend a little more stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your review on the hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced here with us and I can assure you it has been addressed with our entire staff. I love to hear about our guests stay with us whether negative or positive because as the new Holiday Inn Express in Albuquerque, we take a lot of pride in what we have to offer for our guests and we want you to have the best and most memorable experience! Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I would like to invite you back to the Holiday Inn Express on your next trip to Albuquerque! I look forward to meeting you!