“Clean, spacious, comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #40 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Spotlessly clean, lovely spacious, quiet room. Sumptuous comfortable bed. Staff helpful and friendly. Regular, complimentary shuttle to the airport - just a few minutes drive. Great value for money, will book again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here and I look forward to meeting you on your next stay back into Albuquerque!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wow! Wow! Wow! I truly believe that your staff sets the bar for any other Holiday Inn Express and Suites in the World. At the end of a long day it is so nice to come into the lobby and be greeted by a smile and caring attitude. If every business trip was spent at your facility I would never have a complaint.

Keep up the good work and I will see you on my next trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael P
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

That is amazing! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport! We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from us. Thank you again for your kind words. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip into Albuquerque!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

An OK choice if you want to be near the airport. This is a fairly new property, with a larger than usual breakfast area for HI Express, so everything is clean & spiffy. Front desk personnel polite & professional. Only issue were the bed linens. Have not stayed in a hotel for several years, especially a new property, which used such cheap & thin bed linenss. The sheets have the look & feel of something that have been used for 20 years & are past their throw-away dates. Makes you wonder why an owner would spend millions of dollars to open a brand new facility, yet use such cheap linens on the new beds?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport! We realize you have many choices when it comes to hotel lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. I apologize for the issue with our bed linens. Rest assured that we have looked into that matter and will get taken care of right away. As the newest Holiday Inn Express in Albuquerque, we pride ourselves on the clean up to date appearance on our rooms! The next time you are in Albuquerque, we hope you will give us another shot on being your home away from home. Thank you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The outside the hotel looked really nice but once inside it was just ok. The rooms themselves were dated and it was kind frustrating because our room did not have power in the bathroom and on one side of the room. We called the front desk and it took them about 15 minutes and we could then hear somebody trying to move the breakers up and down but nothing worked. It was actually the front desk lady that came up. She looked really frazzled and moved us to another room it was nicer and bigger (still dated) I would have thought they might have sent somebody up to the room to help move our stuff but at least we got an upgrade. They should have also sent somebody with a new key but instead she said we needed to come down to front desk. The whole issue took about 45 minutes which isn't terrible but when you have been driving for eight hours you just want to clean up and relax. I felt bad for the young lady at the front desk but I also know that guests should not suffer because ownership doesn't have enough staff. I probably would not recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: spend a little more stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your review on the hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced here with us and I can assure you it has been addressed with our entire staff. I love to hear about our guests stay with us whether negative or positive because as the new Holiday Inn Express in Albuquerque, we take a lot of pride in what we have to offer for our guests and we want you to have the best and most memorable experience! Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I would like to invite you back to the Holiday Inn Express on your next trip to Albuquerque! I look forward to meeting you!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a comfortable and quiet hotel. However, my kids were disappointed with the condition of the pool. The water was an unclear murky green color. What is up with that, management? Kids that are on a road trip need to speed some energy at the end of a long day. Pool management isn't that difficult. I expected better from Holiday Inn. The room was clean, large and nice. Breakfast was great! Front desk staff seems to be in the back room freqently. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 2462skiing
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent correspondence regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the pool conditions may have caused you.

We rely on the feedback from our valued guests, like you, to make things right by taking necessary actions to prevent similar problems in the future and continue to improve our services while giving you the best guest experience possible.

Thank you again! I hope to meet you and your family on your next return to Albuquerque. Please contact me directly as I would like another chance to try and make it right.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This review is belated but deserved. My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of a move all the way from St. Louis MO. Clean room, good staff. Very accommodating staff, actually, in that they helped us out even though we arrived in the wee hours, and still gave us a room from which I could see our moving truck (paranoid as I am about having all my worldly possessions on wheels). Now that I live here in ABQ, I'm not sure I need a hotel here, but if I did, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Borg6of11

Thank you so much for staying with us! We all really appreciate you taking your time on reviewing our hotel! I will pass on your comments on to our staff members for they will be excited to hear about your stay!

Even though you now live in Albuquerque, please do not hesitate to call us if you should need anything! Thank you again!

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This holiday inn is in a very quite area close to restaurants and not to far from the airport, Downtown and The Hard Rock Concert Venue.The Indoor Pool and hot tub were great the staff was ready and excited to pull up our reservations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John R
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear John R,

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest regards,