Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Phoenix, Arizona
“mas o menos”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The outside the hotel looked really nice but once inside it was just ok. The rooms themselves were dated and it was kind frustrating because our room did not have power in the bathroom and on one side of the room. We called the front desk and it took them about 15 minutes and we could then hear somebody trying to move the breakers up and down but nothing worked. It was actually the front desk lady that came up. She looked really frazzled and moved us to another room it was nicer and bigger (still dated) I would have thought they might have sent somebody up to the room to help move our stuff but at least we got an upgrade. They should have also sent somebody with a new key but instead she said we needed to come down to front desk. The whole issue took about 45 minutes which isn't terrible but when you have been driving for eight hours you just want to clean up and relax. I felt bad for the young lady at the front desk but I also know that guests should not suffer because ownership doesn't have enough staff. I probably would not recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: spend a little more stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your review on the hotel. I want to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced here with us and I can assure you it has been addressed with our entire staff. I love to hear about our guests stay with us whether negative or positive because as the new Holiday Inn Express in Albuquerque, we take a lot of pride in what we have to offer for our guests and we want you to have the best and most memorable experience! Thank you again for bringing this to my attention and I would like to invite you back to the Holiday Inn Express on your next trip to Albuquerque! I look forward to meeting you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a comfortable and quiet hotel. However, my kids were disappointed with the condition of the pool. The water was an unclear murky green color. What is up with that, management? Kids that are on a road trip need to speed some energy at the end of a long day. Pool management isn't that difficult. I expected better from Holiday Inn. The room was clean, large and nice. Breakfast was great! Front desk staff seems to be in the back room freqently. Beds were very comfortable.

1 Thank 2462skiing
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent correspondence regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Albuquerque Airport. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the pool conditions may have caused you.

We rely on the feedback from our valued guests, like you, to make things right by taking necessary actions to prevent similar problems in the future and continue to improve our services while giving you the best guest experience possible.

Thank you again! I hope to meet you and your family on your next return to Albuquerque. Please contact me directly as I would like another chance to try and make it right.

Angelica Ortega
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

This review is belated but deserved. My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of a move all the way from St. Louis MO. Clean room, good staff. Very accommodating staff, actually, in that they helped us out even though we arrived in the wee hours, and still gave us a room from which I could see our moving truck (paranoid as I am about having all my worldly possessions on wheels). Now that I live here in ABQ, I'm not sure I need a hotel here, but if I did, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Borg6of11
Thank you so much for staying with us! We all really appreciate you taking your time on reviewing our hotel! I will pass on your comments on to our staff members for they will be excited to hear about your stay!

Even though you now live in Albuquerque, please do not hesitate to call us if you should need anything! Thank you again!

Yours in Hospitality,

Angelica Ortega
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

This holiday inn is in a very quite area close to restaurants and not to far from the airport, Downtown and The Hard Rock Concert Venue.The Indoor Pool and hot tub were great the staff was ready and excited to pull up our reservations.

1 Thank John R
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear John R,

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your review on our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest regards,

Angel Ortega
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just got back from a family vacation to NM and the Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport was by far the best hotel we stayed at. Well maintained, clean, comfortable room, friendly and efficient staff, better than typical complimentary hotel breakfast. The only area of improvement I could suggest would be at the indoor pool, where the pool water was a questionable murky green (but the hot tub was crystal clear, so we used/enjoyed that instead) We would definitely stay again!

2 Thank Smedel
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed overnight at the hotel to catch an early morning flight. Everything was good; location to Old Town, staff, restaurant for breakfast and most importantly a hop, skip and a jump from the ABQ airport. Only complaint would be that the pillows, marked firm and soft, were equally poor, however, would not stop me from staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marad12
Wenatchee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is in a great location for late plane arrivals. It is easy to get to and the check-in process was perfect. room condition and bathroom excellent. Very quiet. Breakfast was tops in this type traveling person's hotel with ample space to sit down and with an excellent selection of hot and cold foods. Bed was a little on the soft side for me but my requirements are for a firmer bed than average. Room temperature was easily adjusted. Overall one of the best hotels for an overnight prior to a continuing car trip to Santa Fe!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aquila3
Dear aquila3,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque Airport! It is always nice to hear the wonderful comments a guest shares with us. We appreciate you taking your time and look forward to you staying with us again.

Warmest regards,