“Convenient and Friendly”

Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Chicago, IL
“Convenient and Friendly”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference (altho' this wasn't the conference "hotel") and was happy with my choice. While a basic hotel, it does offer comfortable rooms with excellent bed linens and matresses. The room was spacious for my purposes and the free WiFi was great. The included breakfast was "continental" but included eggs, bacon and pancakes, if one wished for them. I would say it was fairly basic, but the breakfast food was well stocked, whether you came down at 7 or 9 am. (Some places you have to get there early or you are out of luck!). I greatly appreciated the hotel shuttle service which made getting around easy (they even took me to Old Town one day which certainly exceeds their 3-mile limit). Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The tiny business center was stocked with paper and pens. The only drawback for me was the shower. The shower had a "rainshower" type nozzle which reduces the water pressure considerably, and also some of the holes were minteralized and the rain shower was more like a light sprinkle through a forest. The management would do better to replace those shower heads with something more standard. While the housekeeping staff was quite good, the management should have the rugs shampooed because they are starting to show dirt and wear. That is a shame because the staff does such a good job keeping everything clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay at our property! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially our complimentary breakfast and shuttle service. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our showerheads to be to your liking. I will certainly bring your concerns to our planning department. I appreciate you bringing both that and the issue of the carpet to my attention so that I may immediately begin working to correct these issues. Our best means of improvement is always the valuable feedback that our guests can provide. Thank you again so much! We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Molly Judd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I'm looking to switch favorite chains, and am giving Holiday Inn a chance. On the good side, the rooms were clean and nicely apportioned. The bed and pillows were fine. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was good. I can see the appeal of the cinnamon rolls! The pool looked decent and the workout room equipment was cheap and a little worn out - I'd recommend another hotel if that's important. there's not much in the neighborhood, but it's an easy drive to KAFB and the airport. Overall, a favorable impression!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Omaha
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We had a great breakfast omelettes ham etc, I'm so impressed with the area near the airport the rental car return road signs were well positioned so I felt no stress the car rental center was well organized, fast and security was fast with many lines ready to go. I still feel the relaxation from the trip.

• Stayed October 2011
wasilla
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Staff was great!Rooms were Comfortable, black out drapes, working AC, nicely furnished with new appliances & electronics. Pool clean & was open till 11pm included a hot tub. Breakfast not the best, but still free, no major complaints. Shuttle service avail to airport, quick 5 min drive, runs every 1/2 hour starting at 4:30 am. Nice gym, small but updated & efficient, outside smoking area w/ bench for smokers. Ample parking outside. Approx 2 miles up Gibson for nearest gas station. Overall great place. Would def return!!

• Stayed October 2011
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We were upgraded to a suite which was roomy and clean. The staff was pleasant and quick to check us in and out. The only downside to the room was that the sound proofing was not great and we could hear the person in the room above us.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Down South in Dixie
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were extremely happy with our stay at this H.I.E. The motel is very clean, well kept, with wonderful employees. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable with wifi that works smoothly. The breakfast was better than most, with the eating area large, open, and clean. On our check in Bill was very helpful. We were having some minor car troubles, and he took time to help us find a Chevrolet dealer close by. There is an Applebee's within walkin distance of the motel. You won't be dissapointed with your stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to sincerely thank you for taking time to post a review of our property! I am always happy to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. I have taken the liberty of passing on your kind words to Bill. I am glad to hear that he was able to help you get your car trouble taken care of. Thank you again for your kind words! We can't wait to have you as our guest again soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We spent a weekend during the Balloon Fiesta 2011 - family with 2 children. The hotel exceeded our expectations. Staff extremely friendly and helpful, rooms modern and nicely furnished, VERY CLEAN. We had a 2 queen bed suite, which was very spacious, I recommend for a family. The kids enjoyed a dip in the pool.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Josteuno
ABQYI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay at our property! It is a real pleasure to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.
Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from our property. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.