“Love the Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Albuquerque, NM
“Love the Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

If you like Memphis-style barbecue, you have to try The Cube. The meats are always tender and moist and their barbecue sauce has become my favorite in Albuquerque. Their chicken is a great value: half a chicken for about the same price as their brisket or pulled pork. I always end up getting two meals out of it. Their baked beans are great, too. The only thing I wish they could do was add some soft goods to the place. It echoes a lot there, which makes it kind of loud. But it's always clean and the service is very friendly.

• Visited April 2012

“Overrated”
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Overrated food. No atmosphere. What's the point of this place?

1 Thank Spaniel1959
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Yummy”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We went to this place one Friday night for the live music. The music was just OK, but the food was great. I loved the beef brisket and the mashed sweet potatos. We also had the rasberry limonade which was to die for and comes with free refills. I must have had 3 or 4 glasses it was so good. The people were all friendly and overall I really enjoyed this place.

The only downside was the decorating in the restaurant. I don't think they have been open that long, but they should really look into investing in some better quality chairs and tables.

I hope to go back soon.

Visited January 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Surprising good BBQ”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This place looks like a bad night club, but actually it is some serious down home food. Don't expect big smoke, but they have a huge menu of good meats and sides and a selection of cold flavored and unflavored teas.

Visited November 2011
Albuquerque, NM
“Yummy!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I went because a friend had eaten there a few hours earlier and raved. I arrived 1/2 hr. before closing time. I was greeted by smiles and great food. I asked about the chicken as I don't eat sugars or flour. The chef/owner freely offered a deal on the chicken as it was near closing and I think didn't want to keep the food overnight. This indicated to me that everything was 'daily fresh'. I found out that the meat for their burgers are ground each and every day. Their collard greens, a little peppery for me but delicious all the same made me want to get up and 'smack my mama'. Just sayin'. The Blues music playing un-intrusively in the background peeked my interest as I love the Blues. Went back days later to ribs with rub, not sauce...oh my goodness. And their large delicious salad was just that! So much so that I offered to come back and sing a little Blues for them and their patrons.

• Visited July 2011