“The Pinon Express”
Review of ABQ Trolley Co.

ABQ Trolley Co.
Ranked #7 of 43 Tours in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best first thing to do in Albuquerque! Spend a day exploring Albuquerque’s top attractions aboard the open-air ABQ Trolley*. Join us for our hop-on, hop-off "Best of ABQ" guided city tour through Old Town, Nob Hill, Downtown and more. Riders can hop-on and hop-off the Trolley throughout the day, or ride the 120-minute loop once for a traditional tour experience. Riders initially board the Trolley at Hotel Albuquerque near Old Town (800 Rio Grande NW). Join us for a variety of "speciality tours" on the Trolley and in our Mercedes Sprinter van, including: Breaking Bad tours, TRAMsporter to the Sandia Peak Aerial Tramway, NM Xcursion day trips, the Hopper Brew Cruise, and more. Tickets and tour dates/times available online! *The Best of ABQ city tour take place in our climate-controlled van from November-March. The ABQ Trolley is an Albuquerque Tourism & Sightseeing Factory (AT&SF) production. All aboard!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed December 11, 2016 via mobile

Wow! An Albuquerque gem! Trolley ride, Santa on the train, hot cocoa, cookies, storytelling by Mrs. Claus, magicians, etc. Worth every penny. My kids were in tears when it was over...because it was over. Wish this was more than just 4 nights in December because we would have gone again. Cannot wait until next year! This will now be an annual family event.

TrolleyGuy66, Manager at ABQ Trolley Co., responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2016

Wow! We are beyond pleased to have made such an impact on you and your family. We love that you and your family now have one of our tours as something to look forward to annually. The Pinon Express will be back again next season, bigger and better and we look forward to seeing you and the kids there. All Aboard!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,411)
All reviews
"lay of the land"
in 16 reviews
"trivia questions"
in 29 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 40 reviews
in 33 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed December 1, 2016

It is a fun ride through the downtown area. Jesse our tour guide was terrific! Tripadvisor wanted at least 100 characters for the review so here they are.

Reviewed November 27, 2016

On 09/16/16, I took this tour and enjoyed it very much. The trolley is very comfortable to ride and we went all over Albuquerque. The tour guide was informative and others on this site stated that this was a must see tour and I agree. I was given a discount because I picked up a brochure on the tour. I was nursing foot pain and this was the perfect way to get around Albuquerque. The only thing I wished for was on and off stops. We went past the museums, old town, the university of Albuquerque, the residential areas including where Breaking Bad and movies were filmed, Nob hill, central ave/route 66.
I would recommend this tour.

Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

First of all. I booked a trolley tour and I was definitely disappointed when a van showed up. The lady said it's because they can't predict if the weather is going to be good. But it was a sunny day. I don't see why we can't get a trolley. I don't know if it was displayed on the website if the weather gets bad it will be a van or not. Even if they did , it was not displayed very obviously. I feel like that was false advertising and I got cheated. And I don't think it was worth it to spend $25 and sit at the very last row of the tiny van cramped with three other person.

The guide Blake was nice and informative. He has plenty stories about the town and interesting spots. Doing this the first day helped us to have more ideas about where to go the following days.

I just wish they could have delivered what they advertised. A TROLLEY!!

TrolleyGuy66, Owner at ABQ Trolley Co., responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the tour and furthermore for taking the time to leave us your feedback. In response to your comments about the Trolley or the van, ABQ Trolley X., please see below the text from the page in which you purchased your tickets:

X-plore Albuquerque with ABQ Trolley X. Enjoy our Best of ABQ City Tour in a luxury, climate controlled, 11-passenger Mercedes van. This premium tour X-perience includes 85 minutes of NM’s most X-citing city.
----
As a way to provide tours year round, we recently purchased the Mercedes Sprinter van so that we could do the tours in the winter where our open-air Trolley wouldn't be ideal. You mentioned your tour happened to be a sunny day, where a week prior it was a chilly and windy day. The riders that day thanked us for having the van instead of the Trolley. We do our best to please and serve all of our customers, I'm sorry we failed you. Albuquerque is a cold weather city in the winter where the average temperature by month is:

November 41.6 degrees
December 36.05 degrees
January 35.7 degrees
February 41.4 degrees
March 48.05 degrees

Our goal is to continue to provide our 5 star rated Best of ABQ city tour year round. In order to do this, we secured the van. We don't want you or anyone to feel cheated by your experience with us. We stand by our 100% guarantee so if you would like a refund, we would be happy to provide you with one. We aim to please and I'm sorry that didn't happen in this case. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in beautiful Albuquerque.