Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $21.00
More Info
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews strip mall jewelry store for sale great collection learning experience answer questions hands on activities santa fe mines jacob stone knowledge tour information displays gems zachary
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2018

We were planning to buy some turquoise jewelry, but we knew very little about it. We saw many types and were told what to look for in quality, so we would not be victims in the many shops.

4  Thank yadkinvalleycouple
Jacob L, Executive Director at Turquoise Museum, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I hope you enjoyed your visit. We have moved the Museum from our our home for 25 years (near Old Town Albuquerque), to our new permanent location downtown. We have moved into a castle that we are now calling The Turquoise Castle, the museum displays are on both floors of our new 8,500 square foot facility. We have beautiful gardens and grounds, we have also opened a cafe, and have our own parking lot.
We hope that you will come by and see us in our new space soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 29, 2018

Never knew much about "turquoise" until my son, daughter-in-law, my wife and I had a tour of the Turquoise museum in Albuquerque. The exhibits are amazing and many of them are used in instructing classes about the stone. Two things to remember: turquoise is a color not necessary a gemstone and always ask if the stone is "natural" ( at least in New Mexico ). Our "anonymous" guide was incredulously knowledgeable and down to earth. We all were very impressed. If you're interested in buying the "local" jewelry you should take a tour. We're glad we did !

2  Thank CowdocatSA

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We hope that you will come by and see us in our new space soon.

Thanks,

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Best to call ahead if you are hoping for a tour.They only do a couple tours a day.Unfortunately it was closed while we were there.

1  Thank ladyme1
Jacob L, Executive Director at Turquoise Museum, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We will be moving to a new location in August and will begin offering self-guided tours, with extended hours. I hope you'll be able to come and see us there.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Took the tour and found it to be very good. Lots of interesting articles and beautiful specimens. I spent two hours there and couldnt believe it! I learned so much about tourquoise.

1  Thank debkue

I'm so glad enjoyed the tour! I hope you will be able to come see us at the castle once we get moved i.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

The so called museum was closed when we were there. Only a not so great strip mall store that has added a "museum" inside.

1  Thank mhug41
Jacob L, Executive Director at Turquoise Museum, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

I am sorry we were closed when you arrived. I hope you will come visit our new location opening in August, the new museum will have 8,500 sq ft of displays, quite an expansion from our current 6,000. In our new location our hours will be extended, and reservations will no longer be required. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Albuquerque.