Explora Science Center and Children's Museum of Albuquerque
Ranked #2 of 223 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Explora is an innovative learning place, part science center, part children's museum, providing fun, truly hands-on activities in science, technology, and art for people of all ages, from toddlers to teens to adults. We have an early childhood learning area, including a special area for toddlers to explore, and children and adults enjoy not only our two main floors of exhibit activities, but our outdoor decks with views, giant building blocks, playground patio, and gift shop filled with entertaining and educational items great for at home or travel fun. We offer after-school, home school, and early childhood classes, plus winter, spring, and summer camps for kids. Located in Albuquerque's historic Old Town, Explora has free parking and is perfectly situated for a walk to the nearby park, shops, and restaurants. We close Jan 1, July 4, the week after labor day, Thanksgiving, Dec. 25. We close early at 2pm Dec. 24 & 31.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 25, 2013

As a preschool teacher turned nanny I give this place four thumbs up (mine and my charge). One of the very few shining gems in his city. A ton of hands on exhibits much like any other science museum.

1  Thank txprincess72

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Took three kids aged 4 to 10 and there was something for all of them. They didn't want to leave. Interesting things for adults, too like the bicycle on the tightrope (had to be a certain age and weight to try this). Didn't seem too crowded, we were there on a Sunday shortly after it opened. Only left because my daughter (grown-up) wanted to not because the kids wanted to.

1  Thank Judy915
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This kept all ages busy with lots of variety of things to do. It was also economical with other museums close by.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

It is perfect for the young and old and all ages in-between. Children will enjoy for hours, no matter the age. I have told myself I will not say to my twin grandsons "It is time to go now", no matter how long we are there. They are nine now and it has been the same since they were two.

1  Thank Sueperslick
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a wonderful museum. There are a lot of things for children (and adults) to see, touch, experience and learn from it. My children loved it and so did I. I even managed to lose my camera at one of the stations. A kind and helpful member of the staff helped me find it. Thank you!

Travelers who viewed Explora Science Center and Children's Museum of Albuquerque also viewed

Been to Explora Science Center and Children's Museum of Albuquerque? Share your experiences!