“Not just for kids!”

New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
Ranked #10 of 222 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors explore the origins and geological history of the American Southwest through vivid displays including dinosaur models, ice-age cave replicas, a naturalist center and a walk-through volcano.
Central Coast CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not just for kids!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My partner and I really enjoyed this museum, not just for the informative and interesting exhibits, but for the helpful and friendly staff. It is a large museum, uncrowded, and will take you a good couple of hours to tour it. We liked chatting with the staff who told us that local students (as a field trip) sometimes spend the night in the big dinosaur room and the staff will tell them slightly scary stories about the dino skeletons. Nice way to make it extra interesting for the kids!

Visited April 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chesterfield, MO
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lots of dinosaurs”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I spent an hour here. Lots of dinosaurs and other engaging displays. Love the early computing display. Nice collection of crystals and rocks.

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Like your typical museum”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

But a little more interactive. Really good for kids. We only did the museum part -didn't have time for anything else. They have a whole computer section that was to me the most interesting part

MA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“One of the best exhibits on evolution I've been to.”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is a great muesum. We go to lots of natural history museums, and this is one of the best exhibits on evolution I've seen. It's really focused on what was happening in New Mexico throughout the ages. There are different rooms focused on each time period and what types of species where alive then. You walk under life-size fossils of the giant dinosaurs in the jurassic and explore how NM was underwater during the much of our history. The room that displays astroid that killed the dinos is a highlight for kids and adults alike. I'm relocating out of NM shortly, and this was one of this places on my list that I had to visit again before I leave the land of enchantment. (There's also a lot of the museum on stars, but I've never been in that part, because that's not my interest.) The museum shop is also top notch, and we bought some perfectly dorky cooking supplies with science themes. This museum is not to be missed.

Dalhart, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lots of fun!”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Our whole family enjoyed this! Spent many hours here. Lots of fun! The dinosaurs & movies were awesome!