“Don't Miss This When In Albuquerque”

Albuquerque Biological Park
Ranked #6 of 223 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Park complex offering three main sections the whole family can enjoy: Albuquerque Aquarium, Rio Grande Botanic Garden and Rio Grande Zoo.
Arizona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This When In Albuquerque”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I just returned from Albuquerque, and while there for the Balloon Festival, I took time to see this attraction. It is a delight! When I first entered, there were beautiful floral arrangements in the courtyard. There is a cute little train that will take you into the Biological Park, as well as the zoo. Along the train tracks going between the two places, there is a very nice family park with fresh water and catch and release fishing. You can get on and off at their designated stops and then return on another train when it comes. They closed at 5pm and the last train is at 3:45pm. Their rates are not expensive and hey have a special rate for seniors as well. It's a wonderful way to spend a day with family or friends! Enjoy!

Euclid, Ohio
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Superb experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Well planned zoo with great volunteers. We purchased the combination ticket and rode the train from the Zoo to the Aquarium and Botanical Gardens. It was a very full day of activities. Well worth the entire day's visit.

El Paso, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Zoo!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Spent the entire day there with my 6 year old and my 19 month old. They really loved the botanical gardens.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“I always find something I didn't see the last time!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love a trip with the family to the gardens. My kids love the trains and the bugs/butterfly exhibit. We love the Japanese gardens. We even took our family pictures there which came out wonderful! Having a nice picnic there in the Japanese gardens amongst the creeks, waterfalls, plants, and koi is a great time. I highly recommend this place.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Ashley N
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding gardens”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The brochure suggests spending 2 hours at the botanical gardens, but there was so much to see that we spent much longer. Children will enjoy the bug exhibit, and children of all ages will be entranced by the butterfly pavilion. For plant enthusiasts, there are numerous different gardens designed with different purposes in mind. By the time we finished strolling the gardens, we were too tired for the zoo and opted instead to stop for lunch at the Shark Café and then directly to the aquarium. All in all, the day was a highlight of our visit. Maybe next time we'll have the energy to explore the zoo and heritage farm; sure hope so!