“Outdoor adventure for all ages”

Albuquerque Biological Park
Ranked #6 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Park complex offering three main sections the whole family can enjoy: Albuquerque Aquarium, Rio Grande Botanic Garden and Rio Grande Zoo.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Treasured these outdoor gardens which are "gems." Started with the Children's gardens where your imagination was stretched amongst larger than life vegetables and insects. In the tropical house there was a visiting entomologist who taught us about the local insects. The Japanese garden was stunning, majestic, and peaceful. Salivated while touring the local orchard, and giggled while watching the tourist train circle past us. Give yourself at least 2 hours, preferably 4 to roam about all the gardens. Gardens are well tended, the birds entertain, and the art enlivens each garden.

1  Thank msgardenelf
There are newer reviews for Albuquerque Biological Park

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Have never been able to decide if I like the "Alice in Wonderland" section or the magnificent formal rose garden/wedding chapel best. Great summer concerts! Docents are always happy to share their love of botany.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I squeezed in an early morning visit to the Botanical Gardens and Aquarium in Albquerque NM in November. I arrived at 9am (avoided the school kid rush) and had the place almost to myself. This time of year lots of the plants were browning and losing their leaves. The Japanese Gardens were spectacular, don't miss the waterfalls and the many winding paths to vignettes. They were setting up for the Christmas light displays which looked to be wonderful.

The Aquarium is small and nothing spectacular but a nice contrast to the gardens. Great price for both, much less expensive than other gardens I've visited.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had a day to myself while my husband was in a conference so I thought ths would be a perfect place to visit. It wasn't. They were already setting up lights for Christmas throughout the park and it really took away from the beauty of the gardens. It was mid-October when I visited so it really was out-of-place. I stepped into the reptile room to be greeted by a man who was hiding a large cock-roach in his hands. I couldn't leave fast enough. The aquarium seemed very small - though well maintained. I probably just went on a wrong day but to me it wasn't nearly as nice as the reviews indicated.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great gardens with themes like Japanese, Mediterranean, southwest, curanderos, tropical, butterfly, children's, etc. plus nearby aquarium. You can spend the whole day there, easy parking, different in all seasons. We are very lucky to have this.