“Excellent service, great staff, an enjoyable stay at a convenient location.!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
New Haven, Connecticut
“Excellent service, great staff, an enjoyable stay at a convenient location.!”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We came to Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta. The hotel was conveniently located near I-25, the access highway to the Fiesta. We started every day off with a wonderful complimentary breakfast and then, headed out for the activity of the day.

When we returned, the room had been cleaned and the beds made. The staff was very accommodating, answering any questions we had, helping us with any problem we encountered during our stay.

The one problem we had with the room was, the person in the room above ours kept walking back and forth all night long. It was loud enough to waken us,and we then had a difficult time getting back to sleep, which is really not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pender Island, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The room was hot. We tried opening the window and turning on the air conditioning but we couldn't get the room to cool down.
I liked how close the hotel is to the airport and their van took us to pick up our car. Hotel staff were pleasant and answered all of our questions.

Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Very good hotel for the money. Enjoyed the stay. Really liked the balloon festival.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Park Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Could not give AAA rate; most of staff had been let go because of resident status!, room was double booked and other guests entered while I was in bed, (a shock to us both); bathroom shower curtain was black with mold.

1 Thank jmakely

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Thoreau
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We arrived on 1st evening and were checked in quickly by pleasant staff member. Unfortunately, we were awakened by a fire alarm and a knock on the door to immediately evacuate. My mother was unable to see thus a nice young man (staff member) escorted her downstairs very safely. The fire alarm was accidental and we were able to return (by elevator) to our room within 45 minutes.
The next day we got a snack at the breakfast room and returned for another night. This time it was quiet and peaceful.
The staff were friendly, the room comfortable, not noisy.
We will return as we have in the past.
The manager was very helpful in answering all questions and allowing us to have the 2nd night at a lower rate due to the fire alarm.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Quemado, New Mexico
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My family and I stayed at the hotel for the ABQ balloon fiesta. We were not impressed. We checked in at 3pm and the front desk staff was very courteous and tried to be helpful though they had a lot of problems. I heard quests that had "lost" their luggage, guests who had called and arranged rooms next to each other and weren't getting them. We then went up to the room and the TV didn't work half of the time. The beds were nice. After the balloon fiesta we came back to the room and I had my daughter plus all the luggage and I had to wait at least 20 minutes for the elevator. I might not have minded so much except I had to wait for staff that weren't carrying anything. I then also bought a beer expecting that I could take it up to my room to drink it and was told I couldn't. I don't understand what's the point of having a bar in a hotel if you can't enjoy in the comfort of you're own choosing? The night manager was very rude. To top everything off when I got home I had been charged twice for the same room! When I called the hotel to find out why I snippily got told I would have to call back later.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sedona, Arizona
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We stayed with you for a week. Our check in was handled by Jessica, a very pleasant person. Our room (404) was nice and the beds very good. The floor needed to be cleaned. In fact the Hall carpet was only cleaned once while we were there. Both ice machines broke down during the week. Housekeeping did forget hand towels once and the ice bucket liner was not changed once. The lobby floor was not clean when we checked in and there was a rip in one of the couches. Food was good but she had a hard time keeping up with the demand. There was stuff spilled by the elevator that was not cleaned up. As Wyndom owners we expected a better facility.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple