“nice rooms but public areas need better cleanliness, maintenance”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque
Ranked #45 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“nice rooms but public areas need better cleanliness, maintenance”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I stayed here for two weeks and enjoyed the room and amenities, but the halls, and public areas of the hotel were usually not clean and well maintained. The hall looked like it didn't get vacuumed often, the pool was dirty, the halls smelled of old cigarettes, and the eating area looked a bit grimey. I ended up skimming the pool myself to take a dip! On the other hand, the room had a down comforter, microwave and fridge, and hihgh sped wifi.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My non-smoking room smelled like somebody smoked there. The smell was very strong. The area with tables downstairs was dirty. I arrived with a co-worker and we were going to review our presentation downstairs, but tables had smudges of butter on them and there were crumbs all over the chairs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Lufkin, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Adequate breakfast and clean room. Bargin for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I was traveling with my 1 year old daughter and this place was near. When we checked in we were not told about where the room was, where/when breakfast was or any other information that the hotel employee usually informs you of, I asked where our room was and was told which direction of the bldg. the room was so, we parked on the end and entered we found out our room was actually on the opposite end of where we were told. I had to take our luggage and my daughter up the stairs and to the end of the smelly HOT hallway. When we got to the room I smelled a stench and of course the toilet had crap in it and it was apparently clogged. I get to the phone to call the front desk and the "0" key doesnt work on the phone. So, we go back down and get another room on the third floor, the elevator is the slowest one ever! I get out my room key and instead my daughter pushes the door right open! I call the front desk and ask if that's safe and if its supposed to open like that and I was told that I just need to lock it from the inside. The tub and sink were dirty and had hair in them, the pillowcases obviously dont get changed because they smell and they had hair on them. It was the worse hotel experience, I told the front desk when checking out but they had better things to do. I will never stay at this old hotel again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank fltrbye
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I stayed there on American Airlines when they canceled my flight home, & it turned out to be the best of the 4 hotels I stayed at all week as I helped an Native American artist friend David Behrens move his studio across country.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 12, 2010

It’s okay if you just need a place to sleep and aren’t going to spend much time in the hotel doing anything else. Otherwise it’s not a good place to choose. We had two rooms. In one room, the sheets on the bed were visibly dirty when we got there. The gym was small and often all machines were being used by hotel staff in the morning. The breakfast was not great—the eggs were not real and food/drinks were not replenished (so get there in the first 30 minutes). The bar was never open; we were there for 3 nights and it closed before 8pm all nights. For showers in the morning, the hot water did not always work. The "free high speed internet" did not always work either. People staying in both rooms had the same experience. Not a good place to stay overall.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Goodyear, AZ
Reviewed May 11, 2010

My son and I were traveling home to the Phoenix area from Oklahoma and stopped for one night at this nice hotel. We used a coupon from one of the roadside coupon books and for a little over $60 had two comfortable queen size beds and a full breakfast the following morning. Don't think there were too many on the 3rd floor where we stayed and it was very quiet. If you turned on the fan on low it easily drowned out any freeway noise. The next morning, the manager greeted us and gave us a 15%-off coupon for a return visit. If we ever go back to Albuquerque, we will consider staying here.

• Stayed February 2010