“Needs improvement”

Dallas Texas
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

Day -1
Missing one washcloth and no water or coffee cups.
Day-2
Missing two washcloths and one hand towel.

Being a Facilities Manager myself, the following is meant as a critique and not a complaint.

There is an accumulation of dirt in nearly every corner in the hallway on floor-4. The elevator control panel is missing screws and the stainless steel needs to be cleaned properly. It looks like the panels were wiped with a dirty cloth in a circular motion rather than with a stainless cleaning solution and wiping with the grain of the stainless metal.

The housekeeping staff needs better training, i.e. what they should place in the rooms.

The table in the 4th floor laundry room needs to be replaced, it looks terrible.

Opposite the elevator on each floor the wall has been damaged by the luggage carts. Some attemt was made in one case to place a patch on the wall which is in the process of coming off. I would make a presentable repair to the walls and put a hard surfaced material of wood or acrylic on the wall in the area being struck and periodically replace the material when it becomes scratched.

The luggage carts need to be serviced, cleaned and lubricated.

The lunch/bar area walls need to be repainted and better lighting installed. Lamps with a higher Kelvin rating would suffice.

The arms on the desk chair in room 414 are deterriorating due to UV. The covering on the arms is coming off in minute particles on one's hands and clothes.

I hope these comments are of use to you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Big Lake
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

The amenities were quite adequate as was the price of the room. However the breakfast was somewhat lacking due to the powdered eggs being used. The location was great being a block off of the interstate.

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2010

Due to a weather delay we arrived into ABQ airport to no rental car (counters closed) and no taxis (too busy to bother with a couple airport travelers, can you believe this!). John at Hawthorn Suites went to great effort and inconvenience to see that we were not left stranded at the airport by repeatedly contacting taxis and finally using some creativity to see we got to the hotel (even airport security couldn't help us! Beware of this airport if arriving after 1AM!). He saved us from sleeping in the terminal through his efforts. Besides the excellent service we were also very happy with the accommodations and the value.

2 Thank pg102552
Carrizozo, NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

We arrived at 10:30 in the evening, as we were at the State High School Basketball Tournament. We got to our room, everything was good, but the tv remote did not work. My husband took it to the front desk, they did not have one to exchange with us. My husband got back to the room and the front desk called, said she would give us an upgrade on a different room as she did not want us not to have a tv that did not work. We excepted the offer.. We were in room 407 to start with, then was given room 101.. This room was really unexceptable, but we were tired and did not want to change again.

The shower curtains, both the lining and curtain, had blood on them.. The room lighting was dark and therefore seemed dirty. The next morning I took the shower curtains down and left them in the floor where the blood could be seen by housekeeping. I also called the front desk and asked if we could have room 407 back, the girl told me after 1:00 we could come back and see if it was available.. We did not want to leave the tournament to come back and see if we might be able to have that room .

We got back that night at about 10:30. There was a different curtain up, but in plain site,
there was something stuck to both curtains, as maybe food or something from the nose.

I got a tissue and took it off, after I took a picture of it on my phone. When we checked out, I showed it to the front desk person. She told me to email it to you.

The room seemed like it was one that you kept for a last minute room..

I will email you the picture if you instruct me to.

Linda Autrey
P.O. Box 1142
Carrizozo, NM 88301

Wilmington DE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

I booked a king suite. When we checked in, I thought the room didn't look nearly as nice as the photos I had seen online. They have since updated their online photos and I think they more clearly show the hotel. But the king suite I had looked exactly like the "guest room" photo they have online and nothing like the king suite photo they have posted. None the less, bed and pillows were comfortable. The sofa bed in our room was apparently not comfortable. Only 2 towels provided for a king suite, had to get more. The breakfast provided was basic but good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

We definately enjoyed the stay. My only complaint: I could hear everything outside in the hallway, people talking, knocking on doors at 2:30 in the morning. Other than that we had a great experience. Definately coming back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Cortez, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

Beds, Service, Location, all Great! I have stayed at this motel several times and only had one issue one time. That was the remote control didnt work, I called the front desk it was replaced right away. Also, I would advice that if you don't smoke ask for a room on the 1st, or 2nd floor. This was the first time I stayed on the 4th floor and the hallway smelled like a lot of smoke.

1 Thank Ranger-203