All reviews room was clean waffles hard boiled eggs west side balloon fiesta off the highway easy access would stay here again a great stay convenient location the breakfast area front desk staff free breakfast parking lot new mexico pet pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2019

Booked a stay here for a family reunion in ABQ because my family has stayed here before and had a fine, inexpensive, admittedly no-frills experience. However, the lack of attention to maintenance and staffing over the last couple of years are really starting to show.

The hotel is pet-friendly, which is fine, but it seemed like just about every room had one or more loud dogs, which would bark for hours during the afternoons (kiddos' nap time) and in the early hours of the morning. Worse, it looked like it had been months since the hallways or floors in our room had been vacuumed -- bristly dog hair everywhere and LOADS of crumbs under the bed's dust ruffles and under the desk. The carpet in our room was also stained and bunched up -- extremely overdue for a refresh... or at least a very thorough cleaning!

The room's bathroom was also a bit dingy, with visible cracks and stains in the tub and shower. Again, fine (I guess) for a budget motel, but far below the cleanliness and upkeep standards that I saw here just a couple of years ago.

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful -- when they were actually at the front desk. Hotel seemed chronically understaffed, as there were people standing and waiting at an empty desk all three mornings of our stay, and the poor woman on duty was running around the hotel performing housekeeping tasks.

Breakfast buffet was fine but did not change at all during our stay, and the seating area was very small for a busy hotel. Pool was clean and reasonably maintained, although the only place to get or return the very small pool towels was at the (again, under-attended) front desk.

I don't need a particularly fancy place to stay when I travel -- especially when I'm planning on spending most of my time away from the hotel/room. This La Quinta has a reasonably convenient, central location and good rates. But this stay felt much dirtier and neglected than it has in the past. When other members of my group complained, the front desk staff could only shrug and say that the problems were outside of their control. Let's be honest: they're just much under the GM's control, and since Wyndham has bought the chain, the shortcomings are things that corporate can and should address, as well. Some basic renovations and adequate staffing would go a long way to making this hotel a good value again.... Right now, it's just kind of dirty and sad.

Room tip: A family member's room on the second floor seemed a little less dirty than the ground floor... maybe less large pet traffic?
Date of stay: August 2019
LQ4023GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Dear sv1977,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and leave feedback. My staff and I appreciate your comments, as we always try and give the best customer service to all our guest. I am sorry to hear about all the issues during your stay as this is not what we like to hear as my staff and I are proud of the property we work at and try and show through our work . We wish you safe travels and a quick return back to our property .

Reviewed August 2, 2019

Basic, but good hotel in a handy location. Well lit parking, breakfast is basic but the food was fresh and the area clean. Waffle machine, biscuits and gravy, etc. The room was clean but does need a new toilet, and the carpet has seen better days. A special shout-out to the staff during out stay; my granddaughter picked up a flu virus during out travel and the staff was super accommodating and understanding. Thank you!

Dear Herman J,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey and leave feedback. My staff and I appreciate your comments, as we always try and give the best customer service to all our guest. We wish you safe travels and a quick return back to our property .

Reviewed August 2, 2019

LaQuinta pet policy is a primary reason we stay at LaQuinta motels when we travel. Clean rooms and great facilities, efficient and friendly staff, all at a great price and pets are allowed too. Perfect for those traveling with pets.

Dear Tour376401,

Reviewed August 1, 2019

The room and bathroom were both pretty clean. My room did not include a small refrigerator, which would have come in handy. I don't know if other rooms have refrigerators or not.

The breakfast was so-so. They had the typical waffles, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, etc. They had biscuits and sausage gravy three out of the four days I was there. I would have like to have at least seen scrambled eggs, too.

The Internet worked well when it worked; however, it acted up several times during my stay. It would work great for a while but then slow down to the point that there was a substantial delay in anything I tried to do on the Internet (I was studying to finish my real estate course). One day, I lost my Internet connection for about one hour before the connection was restored.

I also had to deal with a couple dogs that would bark or whine in the rooms next to me and across the hall. Motel staff apologized to me about the dogs.

Overall, I would recommend staying here. The things I mentioned here were minor inconveniences or nuisances.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear ddd270,

Reviewed August 1, 2019

Needs to be upgraded and add more accessible rooms , I cant believe they only have 2 in the entire building. Very strong bad odor in motel. Definitely need to do some serious cleaning and upgrading soon!

Dear 592ESTELLAH,