“Nice, Safe, Convenient - Super Breakfast!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW
Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Erie
“Nice, Safe, Convenient - Super Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 28, 2006

My room was nice, quiet, and well-kept. The area is safe and I felt safe parking my car late at night. There was always someone at the front desk. They also provide you with a device for free high-speed wireless internet.

The Baymont is conveniently located: Just down the street is Wild Oats Market, Wendys, and lots of places to eat and shop. The interstate on-ramp is very close, too. It is north of the main part of the city, but it only takes about 12 minutes on I-25 south go get to downtown.

Work out room was clean and nice, with three pieces of equipment: Treadmill, Bicycle, eliptical machine. There was a TV, water cooler, sunny window, plants, and hand sink in the workout room. It was nicer than most.

Great breakfast and wonderfully warm serving staff! There were fresh hot malted waffles (OH SO GOOD!), coffee, black tea, cereal, bagels, english muffins, cream cheese, and fruit. The fruit was thawed and in a juicey base. I would have preferred fresh fruit plus some herbal teas, but cannot really complain considering the rest of the food.

My TV remote was broken and could not be fixed after numerous attempts. A replacement was bought, but I could not select pay-for-view movies. The clerk apologized profusely and reduced the rate for my room.

The cleaning staff was polite worked hard to keep my room stocked with fresh towels. The hotel clerks and staff were really great with the exception of one clerk was a bit unwilling and "could not meet my requests without manager approval." After a few requests I just avoided her. Everyone else was great. The manager was truly professional.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank Magicmorningstar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Colorado Springs
Reviewed October 18, 2005

We stayed here as a half way point between Colorado Springs and Northern Arizona. I used Trip advisor for reviews and was amazed at all the good things they had to say. I booked a king bed room the night that we left, via Expedia. The rate on the hotels' website was $20 more than Expedia. We arrived about 10 pm and the man at the desk wasn't the most friendly but wasn't rude either. Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the parking lot. It was nicely decorated and seemed rather new. Large sink area and seperate bathroom. The bed left a little to be desired...the mattress showed use and was kind of flat and mushy. But otherwise, our stay here was above average for the price we paid. We'd surely stay here again!!!

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank shlbifish
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed September 17, 2005

We booked this stay through Hotwire, so did not pay a lot. The room was good-sized and comfortable; the staff was friendly; the breakfast was good; and the pool was relatively large. All told, the hotel considerably exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank twoguyshere
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 8, 2005

We stayed here for 5 nights in February 2005. This hotel exceeded my expectations! The room was very clean and the staff was incredibly helpful. My in-laws, who were traveling with us, stayed in a suite, which was a very good size room for us all to hang out in together. Our room was a king-size room, which was also very comfortable for 2 people.

The continental breakfast was very good, offering a lot more than the regular danish, toast, muffins. They had hot and cold cereal, fruit, waffles, french toast, among other things. There is also a fitness center that has a stair climber, treadmill, and exercise bike. Not a ton of variety, but pretty good for a hotel gym. As far as location, it was right off the highway making it very easy to get around the city.

All in all, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. For the rate we paid I wasn't expecting too much, but this hotel was a fantastic choice!

34 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 13, 2004

If you like a staff that can stand behind the counter and give you answers, incorrect ones, then this is your place. Person behind counter could show you pictures of her grandchildren but not be able to tellyou how to get to walgreens. I thought I was talking to an old robot. Not friendly except to co workers. I need more then a room< I would like help with being a traveler with an area that I am not accustom to.

• Stayed July 2004, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado
Reviewed April 19, 2004

Clean and comfortable rooms. We gauge how good a hotel is by their cleanliness and the helpfulness of the staff. We have never stayed at a hotel that calls the room after you have looked at it to see if everything is to your satisfaction and this is what they did at the Baymont. We were impressed that they immediately took care of a problem with the upstairs vending machine. We felt very welcomed at this hotel and will be staying there from now on.

16 Thank scooterpie66