“Excellent customer satisfaction!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW
Ranked #44 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 18, 2014

After a long days drive and discovering a few full hotels in Albuquerque, we blessed to find this hotel. The clerk was cheerful, inviting, and helpful when we arrived in the middle of the night. The security guard was reassuring and helpful. She went out of her way to find a parking spot for us and even brought a luggage cart out to us. We found the room clean and inviting. My daughter and granddaughter and I were traveling a long distance with my sons dog (part of our family). I was pleasd with how we were ALL treated. I missed the breakfast (slept in). The staff at this establishment definitely our short stay special!

• Stayed: March 2014
Jason N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Your review made our day! We love the word Excellent, and hearing it from a valued guest lets us know we are there for you. We just finished a complete upgrade to our FREE wifi and it is 10 times faster than it was before. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I always stay at this LaQuinta. The staff is welcoming and the rooms are clean. Love the beds and pillows! The only problem is it becoming too popular! The Inn is close to fun places and yet convenient to the major roads. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Get in early for best parking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your very kind review or the service we provide our valued guests. It makes me very proud to have such loyal guests like yourself. Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Albuquerque.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

wonderful, clean hotel. Desk help was wonderful, called for us a shuttle to casino. food was good. Check in was speedy, check out even easier. Any personal items that were needed or forgotten at home was available.
Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

I am very glad that you had such an excellent experience at our property. Our staff takes pride in 100% satisfaction. Glad you enjoyed your visit, and remember that we are always here for you.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel had pretty good reviews, and was in a good location for us. I was looking for a room with three beds for a decent price, so was happy to find this La Quinta with 2 doubles and a sofabed.

The suite actually turned out to be two separate hotel rooms that had been combined into one suite, so it even had two full bathrooms, which was great. It was also enormous, which was also nice. However, I didn't get any sleep that night, since the beds were so hard it was like sleeping on the floor! Granted, I'm a bit sensitive to hard beds, but this was really extreme. And these were supposedly "pillowtops." Even worse, the sofabed was so broken-down that the foot of it sagged all the way to the floor and the head sagged almost as much. My 10-year-old had to sleep sideways on it and then kept rolling off. It was inexcusable for the hotel to claim this was a viable sofa bed -- I'm not sure they ever opened it up and looked at it.

In the morning I felt like I had to say something about it to the front desk clerk, who was very nice but not very apologetic. She did say she would give me some extra La Quinta points, but they never showed up in my account. I'm not sure if I can stay in a La Quinta after this anyway.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anonymous mom

Thank you very much for your review. And thank you for bringing that sofa sleeper to my attention so I can get that replaced. I was not aware that it was broken so thank you for letting me know. I hope to have the opportunity to earn back your business the next time you visit Albuquerque.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We love La Quinta...usually. This particular La Quinta is definitely the exception. First, getting there was a nightmare. The motel sits in the middle of a huge construction project. It took us 45 minutes to drive less than a mile from the freeway exit to the motel. Once there we found the motel itelf to be under construction, with painters and carpet installers blocking the entrance and parking spots. The building reeked of chemicals and disinfectants and the lobby was shabby and worn. We had reserved a handicapped accessible room with two beds. When we got to the room we found only one bed. The front desk clerk was not helpful at all. Because of the traffic situation we decided to forego showering and take the non- handicapped room with 2 beds that was offer in lieu. The room itself was not in good condition and also reeked of chemicals and sickly sweet air freshener. The sheets on the bed smelled of bleach and the beds were a nightmare. Had we been informed of the traffic, remodeling we would have stayed elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Sharon N

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take a lot of pride in providing our guests only the best service, and during your visit I had a team installing 10 new carpets in our rooms, and painting the front entry way. I made sure to schedule this work in the afternoon so we wouldnt disturb anyones sleep. I'm sorry our upgrade disturbed you. That new carpet smell has passed and we hope to earn back your business someday.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank J7493JXmarkr

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here for a family function. Rented six rooms. All were extremely clean, well furnished, brand new. Hotel smells fresh and clean throughout. Staff is very friendly and helpful, check in and checkout took less than a minute. Hotel perfectly located off main highway, minutes from downtown, the airport, the bosque, the casino, tramway, etc. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Jason N, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. You had 6 rooms with us and everything was PERFECT! It doesnt get any better than that. Thank you so much for your business, and we hope to see you again soon.