“Not Very Clean”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW
Ranked #44 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 8, 2011

This place is not very clean. Don't feel comfortable taking off my shoes/socks - the carpet is very stained..... The blanket on the bed has stains as well!!! TV is not working either (ABC or NBC doesn't come in) nor is there shampoo in the shower.... What??? Won't stay here again!!

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at this La Quinta on our way to Phoenix on September second. The front desk people had very little knowledge of Albequerque, and couldn't answer basic questions about the hotel. The room was fine, and it was very quiet, if a bit run down.

We needed to leave around six the next morning, so we had hoped the breakfast would be up and running by then, as advertised. The front desk clerk was still putting together the breakfast when we came down at 6:15 or so, there wasn't even coffee ready! We ended up finding a Starbucks instead. We were very disappointed about this, considering we chose this hotel because of the breakfast offering.

I don't think we'll stay at this hotel again, it didn't seem to have the same quality as at other La Quintas where we've stayed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is not a very clean hotel, the internet wouldn't work in our room and we only had about 10 channels on the tv. I will never stay at another La Quinta. Luckily we were able to check out early and go stay at a Comfort Inn in Santa Fe which was so much nicer!!!

Room Tip: Small beds
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The rooms were in good condition, clean, and comfortable. The furniture was fairly new, and the bed had the modern style linens. The location was so-so - there were not many restaurants immediately close by. The breakfast was good. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was a great place to stay for overnight Great location!!! The room was very clean and good size. The bed was very comfortable. We had brought our own pillows but we didn't have to use them. Front desk was real helpful. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Made reservations over the phone after speaking to the front desk about being a pet friendly hotel. Arrived after 9pm to a full parking lot so had to park around the side. The front desk clerk was very helpful and friendly and moved my room from a crowded section of the 3rd floor to a less crowded area as I was concerned my dog would bark at noises. There seemed to be a lot of young college aged guys walking around on the ground floor, but I never heard any partying or hardly any noise from other guests. The room was clean and the air was easy to operate to cool the room down. I didn't hear any noise from the street or nearby freeway. The free wi-fi was very nice to have in my room. The morning staff were very friendly and attentive to a lot of people wanting to check out at the same time. The breakfast selection was more than adequate and the staff held my dog allowing me to go and get some breakfast to take on the road with me. If you need to park closer to the door, I would recommend getting there early as there are not many disabled parking spots and they fill up quickly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with pets and need a place for a few nights.

Room Tip: Call and speak to the front desk personally
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MollieMalonesMum
Reviewed January 9, 2011

This used to be a good place to stay until they started charging extra for a micro fridge. I have diabetes and they don't seem to care. They are willing to keep my insulin in a refrigerator in the office. That means if I need to take my medicine in the middle of the night I have to get up and either take my injection down there or take it to my room, take my shot and then return it to the desk clerk. A great inconvenience and an embarassment to me. I'll find another hotel at the same rate that will have a refrigirator.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Albuquerque hotels
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Northeast
Comfort Inn & Suites North
#49 of 144 in Albuquerque
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW? Share your experiences!