“Never again”

Ranked #87 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
London, United Kingdom
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a booking with this motel and arrived at 9.30pm after having travelled for 20 hours from the UK. When we arrived the receptionist said, "We have tried to contact you - we tried to debit your credit card - because we are full - but it declined. So we don't have a room for you." This was clearly not true - we had no missed calls on our mobiles and our credit card would not have declined the transaction. We remonstrated with her, but she would not help. She suggested that we try Motel 6 in Santa Fe - another hour's drive north. Reluctantly we agreed and she called them to reserve a room for us. We arrived there around 10.45pm to be confronted by the rudest receptionist (Brian) I have ever encountered, who told us that he had sold our room even though it was apparently been reserved by his Albuquerque colleague. He refused to assist in any way and clearly could not give a damn about us. We ended up having to stay at the Best Western. I would not recommend this or any other Motel 6 properties if this is the way they treat their customers. Pay a little more and stay somewhere decent.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarahandclive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Athens, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night during the balloon fiesta because it was close to the Balloon Fiesta Park and not quite as expensive as the other hotels in the area during that event. The hotel was recently renovated and the rooms were clean but somewhat stark, almost like dorm rooms. In addition to a bed, a bathroom, and a tv, there was a piece of soap in the bathroom. It was about as basic as it gets, not surprising for a Motel 6. There was and coffee & tea in the lobby which was nice. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They printed our tickets for us and waived the $3 internet fee. We were able to walk to the Fiesta Park in 40 mins which saved us a lot of agony trying to get in and park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Albuquerque North, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear saraandclive,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the guest service issues you encountered during your recent stay. This is not consistent with our standard for service at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience: 1-800-577-3435.
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This review is for The Motel 6 which is at;
13141 Central Ave NE
I-40 & exit 167
Albuquerque, NM 87123

This was a typical Motel 6, a few shadey folks about but overall it was fine for motorcycling across country. Spots were well lit and slept OK.

NO AMERICAN EXPRESS ACCEPTED. Must be a franchise thing.

There is a waffle house in tha parking lot and a Starbucks right across the street so good if you like those two places like I do.

I must say, I only needed help trying to figure out what TV stations were what numbers because there was no guide but the young lady at he counter made a real effort to figure it out, and she did, so I give her 4 starts for that ****.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I wrote “Rude front desk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012
I was promised a free replacement hotel room from a hospitality manager after writing about my worst hotel experience I've possibly ever had and still more than a year later they have not contacted me even though I had given them all of my contact information. I can't believe how this hotel chain has reduced its customer service over the years. Really your going to hire horrible staff and lie to your customers that wear extremely tired from driving and stuck to where we had to drive an extra 2 hours to find an unbooked hotel for a busy weekend in the area because of an online mistake. I am appalled at how my family was treated by this company.

Room Tip: Never book through super 8 hotels pick anywhere else!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rockymtngirlco

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Dirty halls and rooms. Halls smell of cigarette smoke and carpets are filthy. Rooms aren't any better. Towels had several different colored head and pubic hairs. Sheets were not clean either. Received a second set of linens to remake my bed and wished I hadn't. The mattress cover didn't fit the bed and the mattress had stains all over it. I advise against staying here even if you are considering it for the budget. It's risky.

• Stayed July 2013
Tucson, AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel last night. We picked it because it was cheap, and the pictures made it look pretty cool and modern. We checked in after a very long day of driving, and got room 254.

First off, when we walked into the lobby, most of the check in area had a big metal security screen covering it, with one small window open off to the side. It was behind glass, so transactions had to be done via the passthrough. The guy was nice enough, but it gave me the impression of not exactly being safe.

Got to the room and found the tiniest hotel room I've ever seen. It wasn't modern or cool, it felt like a crappy dorm room.

There was some sort of red stuff smeared all over one of the light switches, one of the bath towels was covered in hair. The bed was so far from comfortable it was funny. The shower, while nice and hot, was on at such a high pressure it actually hurt. Plus, it was also incredibly small, impossible to shave in.

After laying in bed awake for about an hour this morning listening to other guests running up and down the hall, slamming doors, and what sounded like vomiting in the hallway, we decided to get up and leave earlier than planned just to be out of this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissMichigan88
Panama City, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Came back from work at 6PM and found my $2000 Sony VIO laptop gone from my third floor room. Called Albuquerque cops. I was informed that an officer would be sent to get a list of
the card keys used to access my room. I told manager that officer was coming and would need a list of keys used. Manager disappeared and when officer arrived, he took my info and gave me a case number. When I asked officer about getting key list, he told me "don't tell me how to do my job". Can you say inside job.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business