“Nice surprise..”

Motel 6 Albuquerque North
Ranked #87 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Nice surprise..”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was checked in late in the evening on Saturday and it was quiet... I forgot my ID there but was called in the room when I got in the room about my ID.. They staff went the extra mile to make sure I didn't go crazy looking for my lost ID. The rooms were clean and the wood style floor was good to see.. And knew the floor was clean. The bed was a little squeaky but I was ok.. The bathroom was big for a motel 6. It was in a safe neighborhood and they had security walking around which made it feel safer.. I would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Normally Motel 6 scare me. They don't have the best reputation. But with the good reviews I thought we would give it a try. I should have gone with my gut reaction. Rooms with no carpet suck, they look nice but not what I want to walk on. Rooms could have been cleaner. It seems that the cleaning people only wipe down the bare minimum, paying little attention to corners and behind things. Beds were okay. Was a total dive and wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Booked the Motel 6 as it was reasonably priced (If you are a senior get the 10% discount by asking for it). Being as it was opening weekend of the Balloon Festival I booked 3 months in advance. The rooms are good, there's coffee available 24 hours and the front desk was attentive & helpful. Had a 4 AM wake call from Tom Baddeck (Cute!) Walked about 1.5 miles to the Balloon Festival in the dark, no sidewalks along the frontage road & then down Alameda to San Mateo, took about 40 minutes or so. Carried a flashlight to be sure I was seen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went during the the Balloon fiesta last year. The rooms were very clean and modern looking. I don't like to dwell in a motel room during my vacations so this was a perfect low budget place to sleep. Also it is really close to the balloon fiesta park.

Room Tip: You can see the fireworks from the parking lot during the opening ceremony of the balloon fiesta.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We'd chosen the motel 6 due to the positive ratings on trip advisor. But after a night we can say for sure: we'd been awfully disappointed. In short, starting with the positive arguments:

1.) it is pretty clean (rooms and whole motel)
2.) price is ok

Negatives:

1.) actually no service: we asked for extra pillows, because we needed some due to a handicap.we didn't get any...instead we'd get some DIRTY towels
2.) room is so small two persons hardly fit in there with one luggage
3.) we'd had to pay for wifi - that's really unusual. 3$ do not really hurt but for a slow connection it definitely too much
4.) creepy neighborhood: lots of slags hanging around. Signs at any door, any window and heaps of notice-plates are warning us to keep the doors locked and secured...not very trustworthy
5.) no warm water: the water in the shower stayed Luke (almost cold) - in the sink it didn't even get that far...

All in all I am afraid to say: never agian motel 6. Esp not this one!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jan_Hikelust
Bayfield, Colorado
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here overnight in August. The room was really the smallest I've ever stayed in: a little space on either side of the single queen bed, a little tube TV, a little bathroom with a little standup shower. But for $30, it was fine. Nice and clean. One surprise was the hardwood flooring; we had planned to make a bed with pillows and blankets on the floor for our 1-year-old, but it didn't work out, so he was in the bed with us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank whosername
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My mom booked the stay for us because she had a discounted price she booked it for the wrong day and the guy was extremely rude and even though he had extra rooms would not accommodate us, because he was obviously to good to make mistakes of his own. We had been driving for 8 hours and sat in stop and go traffic in the middle of the desert we had a toddler in the car and because of this guys customer service issues we had to drive another 2 hours to find a hotel that wasn't completely booked.

Room Tip: Stay any where else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family