“Disgusting!”

Ranked #88 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I had to stay here during a snow storm. I ended up with a smoking room. The lobby reminded me of a low rent tenemant building. When I got to my room it was filthy! There was food stuck to the walls and carpets. The bed spread looked like it had been dragged around in the sand. The bathroom had stains everywhere! I asked to move rooms, and was obliged (begrudgingly).
The room they put me in was only slightly better. The bedspread in this one didnt look like it had been dragged through sand. There was still stuff stuck to the wall.
I slept fully dressed atop the covers and did not shower in the morning.
Does the health department know about this place?
If you stay here "be afraid, be very afraid"

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank ABQgambler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed June 22, 2011

When you've come a loooong way and need a fabulously firm mattress to conk out on and get your zzzzz's, one can't do better than this Motel 6.

The background: my Sweet Polly Purebred and I were traveling yet again on yet another road trip, this one on very short notice due to family business to attend to. Our original plan was to stay at Grants, NM at the Motel 6 there. However, due to the southeastern Arizona fires burning for several days straight, that Motel 6 was not even visible from Interstate 40 as it normally is, and the heavy smoke and ash were not what these travelers wished to deal with.

So we punted. As we continued driving east on Interstate 40 past Grants, I told my Sweet Polly Purebred the famous Motel 6 toll free number - (800) 4Motel6 - and asked her to get hold of a reservations agent who might tell us where we might avoid the smoke and ash from the fires. It became apparent that the national reservations desk did not know this kind of specific information, and so I told my wonderful woofy wife to simply get the Motel 6 directory from the back seat, and call up Albuquerque North. (I was doing this all from memory from past trip observations where I took the same route for this trip.)

Sure enough, the desk clerk from Albuquerque North let us know that the smoke and ash were tolerable there - blue sky was there with some smoke from the fires - and hearing it was not a bother to people's noses there, we booked a room. Both of us really appreciated that info and help from the desk clerk on duty that night. Good thing we did reserve a room - by the time we got there, they were getting sold out for the night. I found out later they in fact sold out, and on a weekday. Wow.

The room: your basic *handicapped* version of a Motel 6 room, with the new style wood flooring and oh so plush and firm queen size mattress. Bathroom was good for a roll in wheelchair showering, and had nice new clean tile for walls and floors. Sinks, desk, mirrors, and dresser were suitable for physically handicapped individuals. Everything worked, and was stocked with the right number and size of towels. A nice light green color graced the walls of our room. . . the second time we have encountered nonwhite walls at a Motel 6. Flat screen television worked perfectly and had the channels we wanted, including Fox News and KOB, the NBC affiliate in Albuquerque for Arizona wildfire news.

The location of the room was easy to get to after traveling by automobile for 790 miles and becoming a road zombie. First floor with view of the pool from the room. Consequently, the following morning we decided to keep the curtains shut. Didn't wish for other guests to be peeking in at us getting the morning started, if you know what I mean. (smile) Parking for us was out front, and not that far from the front desk, so not excessive steps, considering how late we got in that night. We are grateful. . .

I should add that this Motel 6 location makes it easy to get gasoline at Costco (on Renaissance) and McDonald's (returning back to I-25 north). It also makes it easy to get going north to Colorado. The commuter traffic southbound in the morning was thick, though. Be careful out there.

Granted, we didn't stay that long here. Our goal that morning was to get out of Dodge and get to family in Colorado. But for what we needed, this Motel 6 did the job perfectly. Tom Bodett would be proud: they left the light on for us, and once we turned off our room's light, we conked out to a beautiful, restful, deep sleep after a long day's journey made longer than expected due to the wildfires. As Tom Bodett always says, you can't tell the difference between the high priced chains and Motel 6 when the light's out! We quite agree. Woof! Five stars, and thanks to the staff for their help that evening.

Room Tip: Book early if you can.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Underdog_SPP
Nevada
Reviewed May 5, 2011

About me: I'm a middle-aged guy who travels about 6 months a year. I reserved the room online, so check-in was a breeze. Took the elevator to my second floor room. The first thing I noticed was that the floor was a bamboo laminate rather than a grungy carpet. And the color scheme in the room was a nice green. And there was a million dollar view of the mountains out the window. The bed was great, the shower was great and everything else was standard Motel 6. My only gripe is a general one: I dislike a la carte wifi even if it's only 3 bucks. I think this is a strategic mistake for Motel 6 and I know that I'd stay there more often were the internet free as it is almost anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SkiNV
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this Motel 6 twice in the last six months for a good reason. It is the best I have ever been in. Excellent staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and of course a very fair price.

• Stayed March 2011
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stay here for the Balloon Festival in October going on 3 years now. Nice place and a good value for a special event where most motels really crank up the room rates.
Just be sure to reserve your stay early or they may be full up byJuly///

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank fuzzy409
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed October 8, 2010

If your a non smoking freak!!! Stay away from room #334. My room was the last room of a row of non smoking rooms. My room had a door that you could go into the next room. That room just happen to be a smoking room, and the cigarette smoke was seeping in my room Yuck!!! But other than that the experience was how do you say it. "You get what you pay for" price, beds, size, etc....

• Stayed September 2010
Castelnovo ne Monti
Reviewed September 21, 2010

It is a typical Motel 6 hotel, with clean and nice room, friendly staff and good overall value.
You have free coffe in the morning, but no breakfast. It's quite far from the downtown, but easy to get to from the highway and there'a a large parking.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple