“Very Decent :)”

Ranked #119 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Riverside, California, United States
“Very Decent :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

decent stay, we had the 2 queen bed room. Bed was very comfortable. Room was clean and smelled clean. When we checked in and was looking for our room the door was open, that is a first for me but it was considerate as both of our hands were full. The walls are somewhat thin to children's voices but it wasn't that bad as our room was in the 130's. They don't really have a grassy area for the dogs so we just took them by the bushes in the parking lot and a little dirt lot in the back corner where there was a lot of dog poop. Prices were affordable even with two dogs. Receptionist were decent, helped me out with ease when we accidentally left our key cards in the room. stayed 11/02/13-11/03/13

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Letisha S, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take great pride in having guests at our hotel such as you. I hope you will return soon. We are working on the landscaping and will be adding a grassy area. For our furry friends. Thank you for your comments and safe travels. And please remember pets always stay free at The Red Roof Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the past perhaps 20 years. It may be adjacent to the interstate but no entrances or exits here make access a consideration. Totally agree with comments about hallway noise, in particular kids. Indoor pool being the draw, there is screaming in hallway and slamming of doors. 'have seen people climbing In open windows, and, don't even try to use the backdoor, often unlocked at night and stairs in disrepair. And, what is with recent comments about how many, what is 18 security cameras installed? I only come to ABQ twice a year buy stay a few days, considering a trip in about 6 weeks, it was upon Red Roof's own site that I saw the link to Trip Advisor. Yknow, it got me thinking about the noisy hallways and then reading further about the security cameras; yikes! Too my other budget motel options in ABQ, I'll take a pass this December.

Room Tip: 2nd floor west side, opposite the adjacent interstate and above parking lot which has significant we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
I'm so sorry your expectations of our hotel have not met your standards. Yes the indoor pool does attract family's with children. The indoor pool does close at 10pm sharp so the noise of other guests can be brought down at a decent hour. Again I sincerely apologize and hope you will give us another chance. Thank you for your comments and concerns.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We checked in to the Red Roof Inn for just one night when we were
driving through New Mexico recently. It was late so we just picked the
cheapest hotel we could find. You definitely get what you pay for.

The location is not a great part of town. The surroundings were very run
down and it was in an industrial area where there wasn't much around.
The only good thing was that it was right next to the highway so at
least we could make a quick escape.

As for the hotel itself, I was underwhelmed by the front desk agent who checked us in to say the least. We asked to be moved off the first floor, which seemed like a hassle for him to do. The rooms themselves are very outdated and there's a lot of wear and tear to the property in general. The paint was peeling, there were holes in the sheets, and the carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in decades. Our only solace was that the shower and sinks were clean. The beds actually weren't that bad in terms of comfort, but it wasn't really much of a saving grace compared to everything else.

Breakfast in the morning was disappointing. They essentially had coffee, cereal, and some pieces of fruit. They also charge you $1.50 security fee automatically when you check in that you then have to ask them to take off the following morning. That's a pretty bad sign I would say.

Probably better just to steer clear of this property, even if it is cheap.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Letisha S, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Let me first start by apologizing for the experience that you had at our Inn. Our first priority is to make all of our guest feel welcome. Although that doesn't seem to be the case in your stay. I will be speaking to my front desk agent about the situation that had occurred. We value all of our guest opinions and thank you for sharing.
Salida, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This motel was much better 18 months ago when we stayed here. Room this time was not as clean and beds not very comfortable. The company 40th states LED/LCD TV's in every room but this room had an old tube TV.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are working on getting flat screens in all of the rooms. Right now only half the rooms have them as we get through renovations on the hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations. We thank you for your comments and concerns and our working toward addressing all guest issues.
Bradenton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

MANAGEMENT'S APOLOGIES AND EXCUSES WILL NOT IMPROVE THIS PROPERTY. At least one street prostitute sighted hanging out at the bottom of the outside stairwell. Gangster wanna-bees and travelers caught unawares are the only occupants here. Horrible industrial area next to I-40. No restaurants or stores within view. Rundown, crumbling property. One bedbug squashed in room. I felt like I needed a shower after just walking down the hall into the room. Indoor pool area looked and felt disgusting. I was embarrassed for my girlfriend but it was too late to go somewhere else without getting charged. There is no way this room was worth $50. Motel 6 would have been a huge step up in this case. They don't even try and keep the place clean to make up for some of the other defects.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaHeat61
We are working on "gutting" the hotel with the renovations that will be on going through January 2014. I hope you will give us a chance to regain the trust again. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked our night online for a non-smoking room for about $42, and upon check-in were told there were none left We were soo tired from a long day of driving were accepted this, which began a series of digusting and horrifying discoveries.
Once in the room we discovered that the toilet was full of urine from who knows? cleaning crew? previous tenant? There was a sticker on the toilet paper showing the cleaning crew had been there but it was obvious that placing the sticker was all they had done.
The shower had long black hairs in it, along with the sink having the same long black hairs. The sink was also partially clogged.
The drywall was peeling off the wall by the air conditioner.
Once in bed we found numerous huge holes in the blanket caused by cigarettes. I doubted the linens were even cleaned, as we found several small hairs strewn about.
I have stayed in some shabby hotels and hostels in the third world before, but this hotel was by far the worst I have stayed in. They have some nerve charging what they do, as it is only suitable for crack heads and hookers. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I'm so sorry to hear that your stay here was so uncomfortable. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I have spoken with my staff to assure this does not happen again. I hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future. Thank you for your comments and concerns.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We book two rooms with a third party site for a Saturday night. We checked in and we were told that we had they only had one double room and a kind bed. So we took rooms.. We went to the rooms and they double room was dirty. And our other party decided to leave so we canceled that room and after a little bit of calling the third party site and the front desk we canceled one room. The king bed that we took was clean and in a place upstairs. The bed was a squeaky and to flush the toilet we had to hold the handle until it flushed. But for the time we stayed there it was ok. It's right off the interstate and the next morning we got back on the road quickly. The place just needs a little more upgrading and it will be a nice hotel. It's kind of getting dated

• Stayed August 2013
Letisha S, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

I'm Sorry to hear you had to cancel one of your rooms due to it not being clean. I will be speaking to my executive Housekeeper to ensure this issue is fixed for future guests. I hope you will give us a second chance the next time our Inn fits your lodging needs.