“"Wonderful entrance with a quick exit"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown
Ranked #67 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Illinois City, Illinois
“"Wonderful entrance with a quick exit"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

When I arrived I was checked in by a lady by the name of Robin, I was greeted with a smile and a helpful attitude. She was friendly and supplied me with all the information I needed. She was also very fast and helpful with supplying a crib for me. I awoke to a wonderful breakfast with a very enthusiastic woman named tannia, along with being friendly she had me starting my morning laughing! I hate to say that when i checked out it went down hill, the young lady that checked me out was named Thianna. She was neither friendly nor did she ask how my stay was. The entire time of my checkout she did not make eye contact with me at all. Almost irritated that she had to help me. Besides my unpersonal check out everything else was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 161JoshuaR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cleveland, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stopped at this HIe to see if they allowed animals. They did not so we did not stay but I did ask if she knew of any motels in the area that allowed pets to which she answered an emphatic no. I drove accross the street to the Candlewood and checked and they did allow animals -- so we stayed there.

Both HIe and Candlewood are part of the same IHG organization. I expect people in the same group and in the same immediate area to have this kind of simlpe knowledge of other hotels in their group

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Que3731,

Thank you for your valuable insights. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel had terrible smell. The first floor looked newer but second floor was old n run down. The first room bed was full of little black pieces of I assume was dirt. We were given another room n sheets seem to b cleaner unril a closer look of seversl hairs. Front desk stated I would b given a discount which I did not get. We would have gone some where else but had been driving since 700 am and it was 930 pm when we ckd in. Would recommend reserving n advance at a nicer hotel so u don't have to settle for a dirty room n wonder if ne thing was washed. Will drive as far as needed to not stay there again

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank slmrck
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear slmrck,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the unsatisfactory cleanliness of the room. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

After getting up at 5:30 and driving alone for about ten hours I arrived in Albuquerque at 1:30 their time.I asked at the desk if I could check in early. After checking for a room they obliged with little fan fare. Often hotels make a bigger deal then it is. The room was as nice as most Holiday Inn's are. I would stay there again. Slamming doors are my only issue. Why hotels won't address this problem is beyond me. .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at this HI Express on our way to Arizona. We arrived very late (1130pm) but Abby made sure we had no issues with check in which was good considering we were traveling with a 2 yr old. The room was fine. Breakfast was okay. There wasn't as much as usual, but it worked out as we got out early to get going. The hotel is located right next to an Applebees and there are many restaurants close by. If we pass through Albuquerque again we would return here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Huron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel staff especially front desk and Breakfast bar hostess are top grade employees. we stayed 4 nights and came back and spent 2 more after visiting Santa Fe and felt like we were coming home. The staff made us feel welcome and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We will surely be back at that hotel if we return to Albuquerque.A special thank you to Ronnie who recommended the awesome restaurant"Richards" and tips on things to do and gave is directions. Ottmar was awesome with helping us with boarding passes when business center was down. Kudos guys you do a Fantabulous job!!!!!!! Thanks for helping make our vacation AWESOME

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Tanya, Ronnie, and Viola. I have spent many a night at this hotel for work and it is always nice to be welcomed back by a great and caring group of people. My only criticism of the hotel is that they do not have the slow closing hotel room doors. This makes slamming the hotel door virtually impossible. As someone who works very early in the morning and goes to bed early, slamming doors make it hard to sleep (or go back to sleep).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear drewmur,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am very please you found the level of service received from our hotel staff commendable. However, I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noisy door. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate department and will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N