“Overall a nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown
Ranked #72 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very spacious rooms. Clean and Comfy. Delicious breakfast. Friendly staff. The only bad part was when the fire alarm went off (false alarm) and no one called our room or told us what was going on. We did receive an apology from the front desk as we were checking out at the end of our stay.
Really nice hotel near a lot of great things if you are going to be in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bill K

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My stay in this hotel was part great and part dissapointing!!! I got 2 rooms for 2 nights since I brought my parents and my sister to relax on Labor day. The rooms were great and the reception staff were so polite and helpful. Specially one of the guys named "Ronnie"... Everything was great until we woke up and approached the breakfast area. There was a waitress named "TANIA" who made our trip go down the drain! This woman had such a negative attitude and was SO RUDE!!!! My mother is older in age, and was moving a bit slow while serving herself a plate, this woman (Tania) kept pushing my mother around and kept telling her "Excuse me, Move please, Excuse me" I did not say anything to this woman because I am not the type to create drama in front of others. This woman made my parents feel so low and uncomfortable and that bother me all weekend. I don't know who she think she is but she made sure she made our weekend suck! I often visit Albuquerque because it is a nice town, however due to this woman's presence in this hotel, I will NEVER stay in this hotel ever again!!!!! She is a rude cruel woman who should not be dealing with Customers!! I did went and complained to the receptionist (Ronnnie) who assured me he would make sure to pass it on to his superiors.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank gladis f
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Room was awful..."sway back" bed, furniture chipped ragged and stained, coffee table leg came off when moved a few inches, toilet seat dingy, towels stained, elevator vandalized, AC took forever to cool room

Paid $94.00 for room, for the price the place is a rip off...maybe when it was new it was worth it but not now. Stayed in better Motel 6

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fel s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear fel s,

Thank you for your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I'm sorry you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and service we offer for our next guests.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed at this property while traveling across country on an exhausting move with a few friends of mine.

Location: The HI Express is located right off the freeway making it extremely convenient!

Room: We got two rooms near eachother. It included a fridge, microwave and coffee-maker. There was virtually no noise which made for a great night's sleep. The bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast: The breakfast was GREAT. Breakfast included a variety of hot items, breads ( bagels, muffins etc.), cold & hot cereals, yogurt, boiled eggs and plenty of coffee. The HI Express was a great value, esp. considering all of the amenities.

In General: The pool was very relaxing after a long drive!! The customer service was satisfactory, the hotel clean, and the AC worked great. Overall, I would come again if cursed with another cross country move.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Convenient right off the Interstate. Very nice property, not the newest, but in great condition. Got a high-floor north facing room (or was it a suite?). It was huge, with kitchen area, living area, sink and bathroom. The room was in great shape, very clean and with many amenities. I had a sunset view of Sandia Peak from the room, which was great. Breakfast the usual HIE, very nice. For the rate of approx. 70$ I got a very good deal. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Nice Hotel and friendly staff! Neat pool with water slide, convenient to a lot of good restaurants! Right off of I-25 and seemed to be an a good safe neighborhood! rooms are nice, beds were good, breakfast was pretty good!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. The staff was super friendly and helpful. My room was spacious, clean, quiet, and had very nice linens. The location is also superb--only about 10-15 minutes from most places in Albuquerque. The only bad thing was that my AC unit was a little too noisy for my tastes. Overall this is a great choice for middle-of-the-road amenities at a reasonable price. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the fourth floor and didn't hear people above, below, or next to my room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo