“Quick overnight stay, hotel was perfect.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown
Ranked #69 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ithaca, New York
“Quick overnight stay, hotel was perfect.”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

A friend and I were on a cross-country trip, northeast to southwest. This was the 2nd very long day of driving, and it was late when we pulled in. We were out early the next day as well, so our stay was short but no complaints in that time. The room layout was interesting....ton of essentially unusable space where the hanging closet was and very small bathroom; I assume the less-than-ideal use of space was due to a recent remodeling where this room was converted from a different type. However, it was a very clean hotel and room, we slept soundly, and service was very good.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed February 10, 2011

My husband thought that this would be a nice, clean hotel for me to stay at, but was wrong. The hotel appeared to have been remodeled which would be fine normally. My room door was broken at the bottom and the furnishing seemed dirty and unkempt. All night long I kept hearing little rusting noises in the room. At one point I thought there was a cat in room next door. Whatever it was was....my theory is mice....it kept me awake all night long!! No sleep and I tell the manager the next morning about it and he just apologized. Unacceptable!!! Plus the heater in the room will roast you out if you keep it on, or you will freeze. Breakfast was okay. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Homewardbound12
stpender, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Midtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
We take pride in ensuring our property is one of the cleanest in Albuquerque. I can reassure any future or past guest that there is no, or never has been, such a problem as stated in the above review. We maintain a high level maintenance program that is designed and deployed by professionals that are experts in providing services to eliminate such problems from ever occurring.
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel is close the I25 and I40 intersection which is pretty central. The staff was very friendly and the hotel and rooms were nicely decorated. The room was much bigger than i anticipated, however, the bathroom was small but not a deal breaker. The bed was a little hard for my taste but still had a good night sleep. There was a free breakfast that had a lot to choose from-hot to cold items. I would definitely stay again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ALadyLasCruces_NM
Mission Viejo, CA
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We stayed at this Holiday Inn both directions on our road trip. We got the hotel at a great price through Hotwire. The rooms were spacious with a couch/sitting area, and both stays we were able to arrange a king room next to a double to accomodate our family. The first time we stayed on the 3rd floor, which was nicer than the rooms on the 5th floor for some reason. The breakfast was great - it had a lot of variety. And the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Roadtripwith5
chicago suburb, il
Reviewed November 3, 2010

We actually stayed at this hotel twice during our trip to new Mexico. We stayed in a total of three different rooms, and each night we slept poorly because of the air conditioners. The problem was not only the volume of the unit turning on and off, but also the temperature variance was way off. We were very hot when the unit was off, and very cold when the unit was on! The beds were also too close to the unit. We did not sleep well any of the four nights we were at ths hotel.
We went during the balloon fiesta and encountered several problems with the front desk, one being that our reservation was for two days not the three days. I made the reservation for online. We were told that they would honor our price , but in the end charged us $5 more! When we got the actual bill under our door it was an even higher price! When the manager tried to fix it he overcharged us again! I wasted a lot of my vacation time trying to straighten out the billing...something that never should have happened in the first place! I was told if I ever need to make changes to a reservation again, don't do it online!
There was another issue when they mailed my jacket that I forgot at the hotel. They asked for permission to use my credit card and quoted me a price. The price charged exceeded their quote and when I addressed this to the manager he had no explanation. I called Fedex and they adjusted the price!
There were too many issues with this hotel to recommend it, especially when there are so many other hotels in the area!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank midwestmam
Arizona
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This Holiday Inn Express was one of the nicest I have stayed in. The only fault I found was with the air conditioning. It was very noisy, it is just the type of unit that makes alot of noise.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
malden ma
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The hotel is in a good location to highways and attractions. The rooms are large and comfortable. The pool area is very nice. The complimentary breakfast had all the essentials. Thr Applebees next to the hotel was convenient and food was good. The only drawback is noise from air conditioner. I had a room with two beds and slept in the one furthest from the air conditioner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo