“Passing through” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #109 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Houston, Texas, United States
“Passing through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here overnight when me and my wife were passing through town on our way to Colorado. Large bed that was quite comfortable, cheap price and decent neighborhood. Would stay overnight again. Pretty good coffee house across the street as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam H
downtownabvi, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your experience. Whether you are just passing through, or staying for a week, we are you comfort station in Albuquerque.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and i stayed here when we were in town for a conference to save some money but instead we had a $400 tablet stolen from our room while we were away during the day!

We filed a police report as soon as we discovered the tablet missing and went to speak with the lady at the front desk. She immediately accused the maid and actually forced us to confront her in person, which was very awkward since it could have just as likely been somebody else who had access to the room. She finally put us in touch with the owner who has responded in a wide variety of insulting to deceitful ways. He initially accused the maid, then accused us of trying to scam him, then finally pretended to start a long, drawn out "claims process" and asked for our police report and receipt for the tablet. After sending him all of the documents he asked for he completely changed around saying that we hadn't provided him any "proof"! Why did he insist we spend all that time scanning and sending him those documents then?!

In the end he came up with some little story about creating an employee training video (obviously to cover his own butt) but that does not change the fact that the management is deceitful and not at all concerned with customer satisfaction or providing a safe environment. I highly discourage anyone from staying at this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Allison_2012_NYC
downtownabvi, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
This is the first and only complaint of this nature that we have ever had at our hotel. While we understand your frustration, however we have absolutely no proof that the tablet in question was ever at our location. Our staff is screened for criminal history, and we are confident that they are honest, hard working people. There has never been a complaint about any of them before, or since.
According to our interpretation of NM statue 57-6-1, the guest has the responsibility of providing some sort of proof that the missing property was ever at our location, or taken by someone other than the owner, from our location. Filing a police report is not proof of any crime or wrong doing in and of itself. Neither did the officer find any reason to arrest or even question any of our staff about the incident.
As I am sure you can imagine, due to laws such as NM statue 57-6-1, it would be quite simple for a guest to claim that anything was taken from their room, leaving us paying large sums of money for claims that may or may not have validity. That is why we, and the police expect some sort of evidence that the item was ever here, or taken from the room by someone other than the owner.
We also think the claim may be somewhat suspect because the guest chose to stay at our location another night, even after making the complaint and calling the police.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Bottom line: very good value for the money. The staff were friendly, and the room was clean and spacious. The room that I stayed in, at least, looks like it had been refurbished recently, so it really was a decent space. Even had a little side room with a desk and love seat where I spent a good deal of time working. It's conveniently located, within walking distance of both downtown and the University of NM. Bus stops are nearby as well, and they're a good deal - $2 for an all day bus pass. Also, the hotel is located very close to some good restaurants. I highly recommend the "Holy Cow" gourmet hamburger place across the street - good burgers, good ambiance, awesome milkshakes, and a very friendly owner.
If you want to be nit picky like some of the other reviewers, then yes, you could find a few things that weren't stellar. The towels were indeed thin, though they certainly sufficed. The pool was not incredibly inviting, but it was adequate for a bit of tanning and a dip, and I enjoyed the hour I spent there. And the neighborhood isn't necessarily the most charming I've ever seen, but I didn't fear for my life or anything (but I wasn't a female walking alone at night, either).
I would definitely stay here again on a visit to ABQ. Anybody who gave this less than 4 stars has some crazy high expectations - it really was a fantastic value. (By the way, here's a hint - I got the best price for the room by going directly to the America's Best Value Inn website rather than through another website like Expedia.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank John W
Thank you very for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed our location and hope to see you back soon.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I'm glad i choose this hotel for my 1st visit to beautiful Albuquerque(May 4th to May 8th 2012), The lady at the front was very nice indeed always there to help with any uprising issues, I was in room 211 which was very clean very big and the bed was very big and comfy.

The hotel offers a free breakfast which i never had as i was sleeping late everyday, I needed some sleep as i just finished my busy easter period at Bakers Delight back in Sydney, So i needed the big sleep ins, Im guessing though it would of been nice as the service always was.

You get free highspeed WIFI which was really good and maybe dropped once in the 4 day stay, You also get COMCAST for free with over 100 channels which was just awesome, The bathroom was good and meet my needs, From the outside it does look like your normal American Motor Inn BUT the room was one of the best i have ever stayed in! I paid about $56 a night and i've never stayed in such a nice room for around $50.

The Hotel is close to everything, Nob Hill, Downtown ABQ, The Rail Runner and many Resturants and Cafes, I didn't eat in them as i was on a budget and ate big lunches at Wendys and Dennys.

When i return to Albuquerque i will be staying here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank KaneTheUndertaker
We are glad to have served your needs so well. We look forward to seeing you back soon.
Douglas, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We had a medical emergency and had to abort our Amtrak train vacation and ended up here in Albuquerque NM. This Motel was very inexpensive and the room for the money was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large and the bedroom had a micro, refrigerator, and a LCD TV.

The staff was very friendly. I would strongly recommend this Motel.

Stayed May 2012
3 Thank stephenjinskeep
We are located within two blocks of two major hospitals and offer special rates to those who find themselves in need of a place to stay when they have loved ones with a medical issue. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our service, and hope your loved one is doing well.
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Pros: The hotel is very close to downtown, mall, zoo, aquarium, Rail Runner train and many activities. Also, the housekeeper very friendly and the room was very clean and had a big and comfortable king size bed.

Cons: When we reached the hotel there was no receptionist. When she appeared, she had a disheveled appearance and was talking on the phone in another language (I think she is Hindu). She only told us: hi! and she walked to the computer. We thought she was going to check something on the computer, so I decided to review the flyers that were there. We waited 10 minutes and the receptionist was still on the computer, so we approach the computer and my surprise was that he was playing SOLITARIE. He was apparently upset because we interrupt her game and she was very rude with us at the check-in. Next day we went to breakfast and the pancakes were expired and with a green family growing there, so I decided to take an apple from the refrigerator and also, they were putrid (completely). Nasty! And you can not even ask for the manager because the Receptionist = Manager. Since second day, I asked for late check-out (11:00 am normal check-out), and the receptionist asked at what time I would like to leave the hotel? When I said 3 pm because I am a Value Club Member, she said the latest is 12 pm (just 1 more hour), I had no choice but to accept the extra hour. The day of my departure from 11:00 am my access to the room had been eliminated and when we said we had asked for late check-out at 12 pm, she said it hadn’t requested it. So, we decided to rush to get leave the hotel but before 12 pm, again she was asking if we were to go or stay another night? I've never been so happy to leave a hotel. I won’t stay here anymore, not even for free. It's a shame because the rooms are worth the price, but not bad service from Sandy (Receptionist & Manager).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank P A R
downtownabvi, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
We apologize for your unsatisfying experience. The issue with the front desk personel turns out to be a misunderstanding. Our breakfast is normally fresh and offers a wide variety. We do not offer pancakes, and we are shocked to hear that there might have been a problem with our fruit. We will be watching our kitchen more closely in the future.
North Richland Hills, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

After reading the reviews we thought this would be a good value hotel. Unfortunately, I would have paid more if I know what it would be like. The rooms are small, no closet (hang your clothes on a metal rod in the room), there are 4 lights in the bathroom above the sink and 2 were burnt out. The walls are paper thin and you can hear your neighbors loud and clear, even at 1 A.M. in the morning. We checked in at about 7 p.m. and the receptionist looked like she was asleep before we got there. Wouldn't stay there and for those that are contemplating...beware.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnnieBrownie
downtownabvi, Manager at Days Inn Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
We appreciate your review. We have taken steps to fix the problems. We are sure this is not the usual experience when staying at our location.