“what a comfortable place and nice staff”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“what a comfortable place and nice staff”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I'm here six months need the hospital only 4 miles a way the v.a. grocery store less than a mile away. Great location. The manager here Mrs.terry fields has exceeded my expectations. Shell do just about anything to see to it that your comfortable and happy in your room the entire staff does the same.I've never seen a bug in my room everything is updated. I just feel relaxed when I come into my room.
Thank you all very much from my heart
Sincerely, niki

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet but if a little noise is to your liking the back room maybe would be better...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with our location and our great staff during your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I travel a lot and need a clean, basic hotel near the Albuquerque Sunport. Tried ESA this week. Never again - it was basic (no problem) but it was filthy. Elevator, walkways and stairs were covered with gum and spills. Room smelled and the table was sticky with what was (I hope) spilled Coke.

One other practice deserves mention. ESA charges your credit card $100 against possible damage to the room (what, I might clean it?). They warn you about it, but are slow to refund the money. It is hard to justify keeping the money for 3 days. Stay elsewhere, this place may be inexpensive, but it is just not worth it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank RegTraveller1480
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The level of cleanliness throughout our property that you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going to be deep cleaning the entire the property and working to improve our services moving forward. As well, I am sorry that the deposit was not returned to you immediately. This is something that we do at check-out to ensure that the room is left in good condition.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aqa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I felt like slept on the floor. The bed felt like a box covered in sheets & a very thin blanket. Plus the bathroom sink had the worse leak, water all over the floor and a clog from hell. The maintenance man came in and fix the clog & claimed that it would stop leaking, but it only got worse! I will not be staying there again. I got a great rate of $124 for two nights and now I know why!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Mary C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with your bed and sink in your room. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The room was very basic and so was the bathroom. But everything was clean, bed was fairly comfortable. No cigarette burns or mildew. No shuttle to the airport is unfortunate. Wifi worked fine. Water pressure in the shower was good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our free Wi-Fi during your visit. Still, I apologize that we do not currently have an airport shuttle. Your comments will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I would not stay here again. Everything it advertises on their website is not correct plus the quality of the room was not good. There was hair & cigarette burns on the bed, have small beds, & no shuttle service to the airport. I had to check out early at 4am & there was no staff available to take check out to make sure I got my $100 deposit back. After talking to the person at the reception desk, with his comments, I had to verify with him if this was a safe place to stay since he mentioned why they initiated the $100 deposit which I was not aware of. I would not stay here if you're looking for a good, clean, & safe room.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Dallas505
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have traveled hundreds of thousands of miles, and stayed in thousands of hotels/motels around the world. I have never experienced anything as bad as this place. Too many problems to list them all. Dirty room, mildew on the ceiling, noisy location, lousy beds, cigarette burns everywhere (in a non-smoking room), poor air conditioner, surly staff, and many, many more. Suffice it to say that no matter how much you might save by staying here, it's still not worth it. There are plenty of other inexpensive hotels within blocks, including Motel 6 and Comfort Inn. Do yourself a favor and stay at one of them instead.

Room Tip: Go down the block to another motel/hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dave w
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dave – I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect future guests.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, aga@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
San Carlos, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The beds were extremely uncomfortable. The blinds in the lobby were extremely dirty. I refused to eat breakfast in there. The rates are very low. You get what you pay for. I've never stayed in an Extended Stay on his uncomfortable before.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the level of cleanliness in our lobby and am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback regarding our bedding options will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional comments, please reach out to me directly at, aqa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.