“Be prepared to spend an extra $100+ to check in!”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I booked a room for $40.99 on Hotwire as my funds were very limited. When I got to the hotel to check in, I was told that there is a $100 "check in fee for incidentals, damages, etc." Coming home after being gone for week, I didn't have the extra money and Hotwire couldn't refund my money. Luckily, another nice person was able to help me with the fee so I could stay there. They also charge a $28.25 fee for EACH PET PER DAY. If you have pets, make sure you have the cash prior to check in.

The room itself was basic, quiet, and clean. There is no bathtub, so if you like a bath, don't stay there. I had to turn on the breaker switch to use the HVAC system and my daughter and I had to share a DOUBLE bed. Luckily, we only stayed one night. If you plan to stay here, make sure you have extra money!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you request bigger beds and check the circuit breakers. Bring your own ice cube trays if...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank AConcernedTraveler
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad to hear that we provided you with a clean, quiet room during your visit. Still, I apologize that our deposit and pet policies did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me, at aga@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The first room they put me in was recently used and not cleaned. I had been in the second room for about an hour before the manager walked in on me in my boxer shorts. The neighborhood isn't great and the grocery store down the street is definitely catering to the low-rent district.

That said, they got me another room quickly, the manager was very apologetic, grab-and-go breakfast (at least early in the week) was fine - by Friday they were down to a single muffin and 2 apples. The fridge, range, and dishes were nice since I was there all week. The Wi-fi is fine (but it would be nice to use my Chromecast instead of watching Netflix on my phone.) In the end, I'll be back next week and possibly weeknights for the next month or two.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Dirty room upon check in and no other rooms available so had to stay in the dirty room as I was a very late arrival and the room was prepaid. Do not usually have this problem with Extended Stay America.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Gary P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Gary – I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your room was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival. I have discussed your comments with our housekeeping staff, and we are taking steps to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aqa@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This place was disgusting and scary. The stairwell and elevator were dirty. The walls on the outside of the property were dirty. The room was dated. The only good thing was the selection of tv channels. I tried using the wifi and it didn't work. I would never ever use this hotel chain again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Serenity1476
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of our exterior and elevator is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I will be meeting with our staff to make sure these areas are thoroughly cleaned and that this does not happen again in the future.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

In town for a funeral, made reservations via my handheld devise as I was entering Albuquerque so I was able to get a great " mobile" + " internet only " deal on the rate. Checked in shortly after 10pm (after driving 10+hrs from Texas). Front desk guy was friendly, room was "eh". Got a knock on the door around midnight, looked through the peep hole saw a man (no uniform, no company ID) says he was sent to check the shower because downstairs occupants reported a leak. I asked that he come back in the AM (as I am a woman travelling with 3 kids), to which he responded, well I have to move you NOW or please do not run the water anymore tonight because it will make things worse. It's after midnight, I have 3 children PLUS its 40 degrees out, a room change was out of the question!! Next day, (while I'm sitting at the memorial service), I get a call from the property Supervisor saying we have to change rooms because the shower is being replaced. New room was adequate and luckily it was right next door.

Room Tip: For the best rates, go for the last minute internet specials.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered with the plumbing in your room. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to the situation in a professional manner. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at aqa@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and found the amenities to be comfortable and the location to be fine (you will definitely need a car however!). I slept well due to the comfortable heating unit which was well-regulated and didn't dry you out in the already-arid NM climate. All in all, this was a comfortable hotel at a good value.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Chloe - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that we provided you with a comfortable room at a great value. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Wonderful folks, great digs, NUTRITIOUS breakfast (hot oatmeal packets, fresh fruit, etc.). Ongoing internet access! Good area.

Terry, Isaiah, & staff professional, friendly. I felt SAFE. Recommend very highly -- want to stay there again!

Rabbi R. Karpov, Ph.D.
(Window Rock area and beyond)

Room Tip: Stay here, you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our accommodations and professional, friendly staff. Also, I am glad to hear you had an opportunity to take advantage of our free grab-and-go breakfast.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future