“Balloon fiesta”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport
NASHVILLE
“Balloon fiesta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for the third time. It has been upgraded. It is in a good area, restaurants and close to I25. Also very close to airport. Terry is the Manager. She is very friendly and willing to work with you. There was an issue with my rate and she took care of it. Unlike other hotels, you really can't control the noise. It would receive five stars if it wasn't for that. But overall, good price and stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Lynn - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that this is your third time visiting with us, and that you enjoyed all of the upgrades we made to our hotel. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed our hotel's location as well as our staff, especially Terry.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Upon checking in the clerk initially refused to give us a room with two beds even though that's what we booked.

Had to talk to the manager for her to make an exception. Acted as If she was doing us some kind of big favor by giving us what we initially requested.

Upon checkout woke up to loud knocking at 12 pm asking us when we were planning on leaving. We called the night prior asking for a late checkout which were told was not a problem.

30 mins later as we are gathering our belongings another knock telling us there is a $10 charge per hour after 12 for late checkouts. At thus point we were moments from leaving the room I noticed the manager continued to stand in front of our door literally waiting for us to leave. I asked her if she was just going to stand there and she said yes.

Icing on the cake: As we were driving away I heard a yell from the guy who initially knocked on our door sarcastically saying "thanks for leaving the cart in the lot"

Ya dude sorry you have to do your job and move the cart back to the proper location. I'm not going to be doing you any favors when you just rushed me our of your motel.

Notables on the hotel itself:

1. Located in a bad part of town. I would not suggest walking anywhere.

2. Rooms are overpriced. $65 a night plus tax for a budget room? Courtyard by Marriott is the same price and let you checkout at 1pm

3. Breakfast sucks

4. It's the extended stay. All the shady people you'd expect staying there actually stay there.

Look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Hotelier8678
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience here and our hotel was not up to your standards. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is reviewing our Hotwire inventory to include rooms with 2 beds. We will also be meeting with our staff to review the importance of guest satisfaction and customer service.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, aqa@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Santa Fe, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Small dark room with ugly carpet with the worst 'breakfast'. for a major chain is was not good. while the clerk was fine they have little to work with. why do I need 20 works minimum in this review when less will do?

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KerryandMary
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your room and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to be deep cleaning our carpets as well as working to improve our offerings moving forward. Still, I am glad that our staff provided you with good service.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at aqa@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

With in 5 minutes of arriving and unloading our 8 bags our extended stay resident next door complained to management about our noise. Seriously!!!??!!! I don't understand why they don't put all the residents together on one level or one wing so they can all be grumpy together. We had to walk on "eggshells" for the remainder of our stay. Thankfully, it was just overnight as we had an early morning flight out of ABQ. This hotel is in a bit of a shady area especially if you wander northward, however so close to the airport. Customer service person was annoying and abrupt when asking for information on places to go. A/C unit sounded like it was on its way out..terrible churning noise. Beds were hard, feather pillows amounted to flat bread once our heads layed on them. We could smell smoke from the headboard of one of the beds. All I can say is you get what you pay for..and I will never pay for this hotel again.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor on the left side wing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the actions of our other guest and our response to it.

Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will do our best to make all guest are treated the same weather their here for one night or long term. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at aqa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Roswell, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had a job in ABQ that was gonna last me a couple of months and this is where the company put me for the first week. I asked to be relocated when I found out the Candlewood Suites was closer to my job and sooo much nicer. I am not familiar with the rates, but apparently it wasn't that bad and my job was willing to pay for it. (You may read my Candlewood Suites review.)

Let's get to it, the room is what you pay for. As I understand it was under $40 a night, and I will say, that if I had to do it myself, then the ESA was not too bad and I might stay there if I had to pay and couldn't find a better rate.

The kitchen is a counter with a fridge (not full size, but not a micro-fridge either), two burners and a little sink that made cleaning pans somewhat difficult. A microwave is also provided. They provide a little table and two chairs which was sufficient for me since I was working alone. The bed was decent, the closet was a little too small considering that I had packed for two months, and the A/C unit and TV worked fine.

My biggest problem was the bathroom and my discovery that one switch for both lights and ventilation can be obnoxious. The vent in that bathroom was pretty powerful (which is okay in itself) but upon stepping out of the shower, it was like an A/C blowing on you. You might think this was okay, but it isn't. I found myself either moving quickly into the kitchen space or drying in the dark. This became quite annoying by the end of the first week and that is when I asked my company for another place to stay. Oh, and the fact that every night I had to go to the front desk and have them re-charge my key as they kept turning it off due to some direct billing issues.

Other than that, this is a decent place for most people with a limited budget. As is with most extended stay lodging, there is no pool (BOOOOOO) and breakfast was not provided. I do not call a packet of oatmeal breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Rodney - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our room was not up to your standards. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be using your comments as a way to improve our procedures to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at aqa@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Somerville, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Most people reading reviews want to know if this place is clean and safe: generally yes in both counts. I was a bit reluctant to stay here, but after my arrival I was amazed by the quality, size, and condition of the room for the price. Staff were very nice, room was clean, and the AC worked well. Sure, the furniture and carpet were a little worse for wear, the walls are thin, and some of the longer term residents hang around outside (very nice folks, I found out, often at this hotel for medical appointments or in-between rentals), but for the price it can't be beat. If you are planning a trip and want some amenities, like a kitchen, and don't plan on being in the room a lot, this is your place. Oh, and on your way out, the airport is two minutes away.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms are on the back side of the hotel which is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cblukens
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our friendly staff and your clean, comfortable room.

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

our room was average and bed a little uncomfortable, but for a night or two the stay was ok.

It was close to the venue we were attending so that was good. I've stayed at other Extended Stay and it just depends on the area. The staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Lynn - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am extremely happy to know that the staff was accommodating to your needs; however, I apologize that the bed in your room was uncomfortable. Our bedding is chosen based on guests feedback. As we are continually working to improve all of our offerings, to help us do so, we will keep your remarks in mind.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at aqa@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.