Howard Johnson Express Inn Albuquerque Northeast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Courtyard Albuquerque(Albuquerque)
View Hotel
All reviewshot breakfastbiscuits and gravya nice place to stayroom was cleanoutdoor poolwill stay there againballoon fiestaparking lotaggierefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The rooms are affordable and neat, the staff are very helpful especially that I'm new in Albuquerque. The only comment I say is that breakfast is always the same every morning, no variations.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had a confirmed reservation for 2 rooms guaranteed with a credit card through Priceline for the online price. When we got there, we were told that only one room was available. When I asked to speak to the manager, the man behind the desk said he was the manager and that all complaints came to him (I found out later that he was lying). He tried to blame the problem on Priceline. He sent half our party to a hotel in a bad neighborhood ten miles away. The other hotel was a Travel Lodge in a bad part of town that was NOT comparable. I complained to Priceline and Booking.com---they both confirmed that their system showed rooms were still available. They contacted the hotel and found that the man behind the desk was not the manager. Priceline and Booking.com are now in contact with the real manager. I will not stay at a Howard Johnson's property again. This was not the way to start a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WayneRockwall_Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stay in Albuquerque 2-4 times per year en route to Arizona, and almost always in the past have stayed in a Motel 6, since all we need is a place to sleep. However, after a couple bad experiences with various Motel 6s, we decided to look for something else. This HoJo was in a good location in North Albuquerque, and was certainly a step up from the Motel 6 -- the toilet had a lid to keep things from falling in, we had a refrigerator in our room, there was a rollaway bed for our younger son (although beware, they charge $10 for this), free wi-fi, and free breakfast! However, I had a few complaints -- the room was spacious but looked run-down, with iron-burns on the carpet, and the air-conditioning unit had broken buttons (still worked though). When we arrived, the woman at the front desk was nice and checked us in quickly, but when we took the EXTREMELY slow elevator to the 3rd floor, the hallway had a powerful odor of cigarette smoke (even though the rooms were non-smoking). Then we couldn't get into our room because the key cards weren't working. The slowness of the elevator became even more annoying at that point, and there was no stairway in sight. The room smelled fine, though, and in the morning the hallway smelled strongly of breakfast! We all had trouble with the wi-fi -- at one point my son discovered the wi-fi from the Clarion next door worked better than the HoJo's, but both seemed to fluctuate. I did not find the beds comfortable, but didn't really expect to in a budget hotel. The placement of the shower head was exceptionally low -- about the level of my chin.

In general, this wasn't a bad hotel, especially considering how inexpensive it was, but I still think I'll look for other options on my next trip through Albuquerque.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2012

stayed her for 4nights during the Gathering of the Nations powwow...the hotel was fully booked the whole week. the hotel grounds are safe and room looked clean, spacious and maintained well. bed was comfortable and slept well (considering Im a very light sleeper). the room also included a fridge which is a plus for people who stays multiple days. the wifi was excellent, fast, and no downtime throughout the whole day. Staff was courteous and professional. The breakfast was excellent which includes a variety of choices such as eggs, hashbrown, sausages, fruits, cereals, muffins, breads...The only flaw I saw was the extreme water-down coffee and the pool at the back that needed serious cleaning (saw it everday since we parked at the back-and nobody bothered to clean it).

Overall will come back during the Balloon Fiesta!

Room Tip: request a room towards the back of the property (away from the freeway to avoid noise)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Summary: A nice basic hotel, we stayed for just one night and it was perfect, would be good for a longer stay too.

Location: Just off the motorway, so easy enough to find. Also easy to get into central Albuquerque (about 10-15 minutes at most).

Staff: Nice and friendly.

Room: Was a decent size, plenty of space for us and our two suitcases.

Cleanliness: Nice and clean - no complaints.

Breakfast: A range of options, both hot and cold - a nice variety.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple