“I hate cake and I like this place”

ABC Cake Shop & Bakery
Ranked #26 of 27 Bakeries in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Uptown
Description: Since 1972, ABC Cake Shop has served the best in cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and pastries to generations of Albuquerque residents. In fact, many of our customers who came in with their parents and grandparents now bring their children and grandchildren. ABC's specialty cakes and other items have become family traditions for weddings, graduations, birthdays, holidays and other memorable occasions. All our treats are prepared with special care, and it shows. Customers and critics consistently judge our sweets among the best in the city. ABC now counts the bustling New Mexico film industry as patrons, too! Ask us about the celebrities who have enjoyed ABC Cake Shop's wares on and off local film and television sets.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

First of all let me begin by mentioning that I am NOT a cake person. I don't get cakes for any occasion, but it was the easiest choice for our wedding so I gave in. We ordered our wedding cake from here. It was stress free and they delivered. I brought in a photo of a cake I liked and explained my design to them. They were very helpful and gave me no argument at all. When I saw the cake at my reception, it was perfect. Then I tasted it and actually liked it! Yes, that is a big deal to an anti-cake person. They use real ingredients and it doesn't just taste like a sponge soaked in chemicals. They gave us a free cake on our anniversary too!

3  Thank Samantha B

Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

It was about a week notice and trying to get a simple cake for a graduation. One of us went into the bakery and got no help after 30 minutes if waiting. I called multiple times during business hours with no answer or voice mail or recording. I went online to email hoping for a response and now days later no response.

4  Thank Dancemydunce
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Because this is the only true, old school bakery left in Albuquerque I have continued to shop there throughout the year for assorted holidays. My order is often large and specific, the cookies and/or cupcakes need to be boxed in groups and delivered to different locations. Every time I place a large order I'm met with an attitude and indifference. Many times the person on the other end of the phone has been rude. I'm chosing a local chocolate shop, Theobroma for all my sweet needs from now on. The baked goods are average so there is really no need to put up with the poor service. It is really too bad. We need another bakery.

3  Thank mwilliams505
Reviewed January 23, 2013

we went to a wedding festival and they were there serving these little cheesecakes..i loved them..although our wedding didnt go as planned i still want to go buy a cake at this place..moist cake with lots of flavor..just awesome! loved it!

1  Thank Monica G
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I called the day before I needed a cake for a special event and the incredibly kind and helpful woman I spoke to on the phone talked me through what I needed and the price was incredibly reasonable. I live in Los Lunas so I didn't even have to leave the house to get this done. I'm lazy and I loved this. Not only did they do exactly what I needed but they exceeded my expectations by a mile and everyone loved it. It tasted great and looked wonderful. I'm grumpy and picky and they really came through. I have zero complaints about this place and will definitely use again.

1  Thank K R