“Want to know about Pizza? ask a Chicago Italian”
Review of Farina

Farina
Ranked #15 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was born and raised in Chicago and have literally had Pizza for dinner every Friday for almost 60 years. I'm talking thin Pzza don't believe the hype about thick Pizza being Chi Town's favorite. I've had great Pizza in Italy in New York but with Children living in Dallas and Albuquerque I have hunted for decent Pizza in the Southwest for many years. It is very rare but Farina is the place in Albuquerque and probably all of New Mexico. Great crowd on a Saturday night but a fun atmosphere. Many of the appetizers are quite good especiallly the assorted Italian olives and Antipasti. Adequate selection of wine and a variety of good beer, what else can you expect from a pizzaria. Chocolate Gelato is also not bad.

This is our fifth visit over 4 years and they are consistently good, never disappointing.Very thin crust bit of a singe in spots tells you it's real brick oven. Margherita and meat lovers are especially good.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my 2nd visit to Farina and it won't be my last. Simply delicious! This is a gourmet pizza place with wonderful salads. I was able to order a small version of the Verde salad with fresh greens, gorgonzola and walnuts dressed in a light champagne vinaigrette for only $4.00. The pizzas only come in one size and are big enough for 2 people to share. My favorite is the Bianca. It is the white pizza with olive oil, mozzarella and big dollops of ricotta and lots of tasty chopped rosemary. This time I substituted the artichoke hearts for kalamata olives and that bumped up the flavor even more.

The food and service are excellent. Parking is a breeze. The down side is the room is very noisy when full and tables are VERY close to each other. And they need to get rid of the big TV over the bar. During our meal our eyes keep being draw to it and we were watching an infomercial show on a leaf blower!

In short....go for the fresh salads and tasty gourmet pizza!

1  Thank AlwaysMexicoDreamin
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Service was amazing at first as the host took our drink orders and provided us menus before seating us a few minutes later. The actual server was average, he didn't add or detract from the experience.

As for the pizza, well, it was nothing to write home about. Decent but not amazing AND two of our party chose the risotto and both had upset stomachs that night and the next day, which we all attributed to the fact that we both had identical symptoms and the only thing we had in common was the risotto. I am NOT blaming the restaurant totally, as that sort of stuff happens, but I feel that it needs to be mentioned.

Overall, based on the reviews I had read, I was disappointed to have to give this place average at BEST. Even if the "risotto incidents" hadn't occurred, this still would have not lived up to the hype.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

this is one of the best places in albuquerque,,great pizza, great drinks, great salads...we got a window view with a table for four..it was a great experience..will go back soon!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We tried out this restaurant based on TripAdvisor's review.
The restaurant is pretty easy to find. Just past the front entrance, there is a small parking lot (Shared with Artichoke Cafe).
There were three of us dining. Since we didn't know how large the pizzas were, we got two: the Margherita (with homemade mozzarella) and the special.
This is a thin-crust "New York" style pizza. The toppings were good (particularly the applewood bacon on the special), but the crust was the star- perfectly blistered and blackened in places with a light crunk and airy texture. I ate the "bones" of a few leftover pieces plain- they were that good!
The vibe of the resturant is bohemian and artsy. The prices on the pizza are extremely reasonable, given the quality ($10 for the Margherita. I would estimate that it was 13-15 inches and would have been big enough for all three of us alone). They don't have "on tap" soft drinks. However, it looked like they had a great selection of wine and beer (alas, I was with my mother and could not try them out).

I also had the spinach salad. It was fresh, but unextraordinary.

Service was cheerful and prompt.

They serve Lavazza coffee and it was out of this world!

Been to Farina? Share your experiences!