“Ups and Downs”

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Huning Highland Historic District
“Ups and Downs”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Service was amazing at first as the host took our drink orders and provided us menus before seating us a few minutes later. The actual server was average, he didn't add or detract from the experience.

As for the pizza, well, it was nothing to write home about. Decent but not amazing AND two of our party chose the risotto and both had upset stomachs that night and the next day, which we all attributed to the fact that we both had identical symptoms and the only thing we had in common was the risotto. I am NOT blaming the restaurant totally, as that sort of stuff happens, but I feel that it needs to be mentioned.

Overall, based on the reviews I had read, I was disappointed to have to give this place average at BEST. Even if the "risotto incidents" hadn't occurred, this still would have not lived up to the hype.

• Visited October 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“restaurant review”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

this is one of the best places in albuquerque,,great pizza, great drinks, great salads...we got a window view with a table for four..it was a great experience..will go back soon!

Visited October 2012
Kentucky, USA
“As good as promised!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We tried out this restaurant based on TripAdvisor's review.
The restaurant is pretty easy to find. Just past the front entrance, there is a small parking lot (Shared with Artichoke Cafe).
There were three of us dining. Since we didn't know how large the pizzas were, we got two: the Margherita (with homemade mozzarella) and the special.
This is a thin-crust "New York" style pizza. The toppings were good (particularly the applewood bacon on the special), but the crust was the star- perfectly blistered and blackened in places with a light crunk and airy texture. I ate the "bones" of a few leftover pieces plain- they were that good!
The vibe of the resturant is bohemian and artsy. The prices on the pizza are extremely reasonable, given the quality ($10 for the Margherita. I would estimate that it was 13-15 inches and would have been big enough for all three of us alone). They don't have "on tap" soft drinks. However, it looked like they had a great selection of wine and beer (alas, I was with my mother and could not try them out).

I also had the spinach salad. It was fresh, but unextraordinary.

Service was cheerful and prompt.

They serve Lavazza coffee and it was out of this world!

• Visited October 2012
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“One of the best restauarants in town!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Farina is FANTASTIC! The pizza is unbelievably good! The crust is thin, crispy and flaky with top-of-the-line ingredients and specialty pies that just crush the competition in Albuquerque. My favorite is the Bianca pizza with truffle oil, but all of them I've tried are truly great! Besides the pizza, Farina also has a hip, trendy feel to it. It's definitely not a place a tourist would typically wander into and if you don't know where it is, you would probably miss it altogether. They feature locally brewed beers and a full bar. Another great thing about Farina is the price. You'll typically pay about $15 for a pizza that could be split by two people comfortably.

I give my highest recommendation to Farina!! It's a MUST VISIT place anytime I am in town.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TheAviator2
Long Beach, NY
“Best pizza (& crust too!) west of the Hudson river”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I was with my wife visiting a friend in Albuquerque. All three of us are from NYC, so when his girlfriend (originally from Minnesota) suggested pizza we laughed. But Farina, ah Buona Pizza! GREAT crust great ingredients, great taste. We had a Bianca white without the ricotta but added garlic to the artichoke hearts sage mozzarella and parm cheese. Also a special of the day and the rosemary pork pizza ummm. So good