“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #46 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Redington Shores, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for the Albuquerque Marathon--the rate was comparable to the other hotels in the area and so we chose this based on past experience with Residence Inn's being good. This hotel did not disappoint! It is very clean and is modern--the floors are solid and there is no noise from the other rooms. The room itself was very roomy with a great layout, the kitchen had full size new appliances. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom with the extra counter space and cabinets was really nice. The breakfast area was very clean and the staff was super friendly--going out of their way to get us ice for our cooler. Only complaint is that the king bed fitted sheet is small and pulled up off the mattress on the corners.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
North Bend, Washington, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This Residence Inn is one of the nicest I've stayed in. It's modern, clean, efficient. It's located just minutes from the airport and close to the University with easy access to I-25 to get to other parts of Albuquerque (the traffic is another matter) and there's a free shuttle to the airport. The free breakfast is passable, comparable to what you get at similar motels like Homewood Suites. The suite room I had was very nice, very spacious and comfortable. The reception staff was very cordial although the one person I asked about restaurant recommendations had no ideas at all. The fitness room is small but adequate. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Overall, the hotel was very nice, and I would count it among the better Residence Inns in which I have stayed. The location is very close to the airport; it was about a five-minute drive from the airport. There isn't a ton of stuff in the immediate vicinity of the hotel itself, but it's a short drive to the area around the university (lots of restaurants) and downtown. I arrived relatively late in the evening and was able to find parking (albeit a ways from the door) in a well-lit lot. The staff member who checked me in was very welcoming. I was in a one bedroom suite. It had very high ceilings, a large living area (larger than other Residence Inns in which I’ve stayed), the standard kitchen, and a roomy bedroom. Everything was in working order. Furnishings were basic but very functional, and the décor was in-line with the more modern Residence Inn properties that I’ve seen. The bed had a comfortable mattress and linens that, while nothing fancy, were in good condition. Breakfast in the morning was complimentary and had a decent (though not fantastic) selection. After my morning business in Albuquerque was complete, a colleague then met me at the hotel, and we were able to conduct a business meeting in the suite of my room (which is, of course, one benefit of extended-stay properties). The hotel was willing to extend my check-out about an hour to accommodate this meeting, for which I was grateful. Departure was easy; the staff working check-out were pleasant and thankful for my business. I would be happy to return to this property on future business in Albuquerque.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels in Albuquerque over the past year and the Residence Inn Airport is at the top of the list. We rented the 2 bedroom suite and it worked perfectly for my family. There was ample room for everyone and each bedroom plus the living room area had TV's. There is a full kitchen with refrigerator and my son loved having the basketball hoop downstairs as well. It is a very convenient location to UNM Sporting events and to the campus as well. Without hesitation we will be back. The beds are comfortable, the blackout curtains work well, and it is very quiet. The only negative is that the breakfasts aren't great, but certainly much better than most hotels that only offer a continental breakfast. I have already booked 2 more stays at this hotel during the course of the next two months, so I will definitely be a returning guest. In my opinion, I would rank this hotel in the top 5 hotels to stay in Albuquerque, maybe even the top spot.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms are good. As mentioned in the review we opted for the two bedroom suite si...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very nice layover hotel. Fair price. Friendly staff. Free shuttle, free very tasty breakfast. The outdoor grounds were gorgeous, full of flowers, maintained great.staying there again at the end of this week.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jgo1958
USA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn for 3 nights. It is 4-stories high and is bulit in the style of a hotel. The staff tried their best to be helpful whenever we asked for anything. Our room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The exercise room and pool were both clean, as well. Most of the breakfast items were OK although some others were not very appetizing. The hotel is close to the football stadium and basketball arena for UNM as well as the minor league ball park. There is also a do-it-yourself, coin-operated car wash directly across the street from the hotel if you need it. The walk and the elevator ride between our room and the lobby was a long one. The hotel is pet-friendly which is usually not a plus for us. All-in-all, however, we thought that this hotel was a very good value. We enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WorldwidetravelerUsa
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Albuquerque. The suites are beautifully furnished and everything is clean and appears to be new. The staff was wondeful. We had changed our reservation from one day to another at the last minute and the front staff handled it with aplomb. We were using Marriott points, but it did not show on the changed reservation. Nonetheless, with a can do attitude, the front desk person made it happen. Kudos!

One of the reviews pointed out that there isn't much in the way of good restaurants within walking distance. But, if you have a car, there are plenty of good restaurants that are within a 10 minute drive.

My only complaint was that I heard trucks on the road during the night. Next time I would ask for a room in the back. But, we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple