Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn Airport(Albuquerque)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenkitchen areabasketball courtmarriott propertiesthe sofa bedfive nightsnext morningan extended stayhousekeeping staffyogurtdecent breakfastexercise roompool and hot tubfree breakfastconvenient locationshort stay
Reviewed October 28, 2012

In the past few days, I have stayed at Residence Inns in Albuquerque, Oklahoma City (Bricktown), and Cool Springs, Tennessee (about 15 miles south of Nashville). Each one was nicer than the next. I usually choose Fairfield Inns because they are cheaper. But, I got good rates at these Residence Inns so I chose them. I consider all 3 of them to be in the “luxury” category. My review of all hotels will be very similar.

This is the second or third time I have stayed in this Residence Inn in Albuquerque. It’s great. The location is near the airport, but downtown Albuquerque isn’t far away (not within walking distance, though). The girl at the front desk was very pleasant and welcoming, even giving me directions of where to go to get some gas. I like nice people.

I got a 2 bedroom suite that was beautiful. VERY comfy bed with nice, clean linens. There is a bathroom in each of the bedrooms - lots of clean towels, and the bathrooms were spotless. Like all other Residence Inns, there is a full kitchen (including stove top AND oven in this particular hotel), dishwasher, microwave, full frig, ice-maker, etc. There were 3 TV's - one in each bedroom, and one in the living room.

They do something nice at Residence Inns - on certain evenings, they have full meals for the guests (complimentary). This day it was hamburgers and hotdogs. I think that is a nice perk. It’s great if you are on a budget and don’t want to spring for dinner out.

The breakfast at Residence Inns is always good. It’s always a full buffet, complete with eggs, meats, sometimes biscuits or pancakes, a waffle maker, as well as all the continental stuff like English muffins, bagels, cereals, etc. The coffee is always excellent.

Plenty of free parking and great, speedy, wi fi. There is also a big coin laundry room on the first floor; there are about 5 washers and about 8 or so dryers – that’s very nice. Nice gym too – not that I use it!

Room Tip: I've stayed here 3 times and always had a good room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tczig
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport is just about perfect for our Albuquerque and Santa Fe requirements. We love the “new” Residence Inn design, and find it much more friendly than the sad old Residence Inn design.

Come on Marriott, build a new Residence Inn in Santa Fe, and construct a new Marriott Vacation Resort in Santa Fe. The market is ripe.

Our early morning flight required an Albuquerque Airport hotel, and Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport is a no-brainer.

We registered in an instant, took luggage to our room, returned rental car, and Marriott picked up us at the car rental area. There are several restaurants for dinner within a short walking distance, and of course Marriot provided a “service” to deliver dinner to the hotel door.

Marriott has taken it several steps higher at $81.00 per night.

Ok, the same old tired, free breakfast. How about brining in several cooks, a wait staff, and a made to order breakfast. Charge for it. Enough with the free breakfast, and we are Platinum Elite!

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

For $180 per night incl taxes I would expect a lot more:

1. Below average breakfast, especially when I compare it to the one I had at cAsa de suenos ($ 109 per night plus taxes !)

2. Room could have a bit more character - some green potted plants would be nice.

3 Jacuzzi was weak with no power jets.

I expect more from a Marriott !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_RI, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

While we work to provide the best experience for all of our guests, there are times when some special requests are extraordinarily difficult to provide. The Balloon Fiesta does happen to be one of those times, particularly with late checkouts, as that is a hugely popular request. Which is why we asked every guest that checked in during that period to sign off on the acknowledgement that late checkouts are not available on those days. That does include the final day. We have an obligation to all of our guests, including those who will be checking in after you, and have an expectation regarding our published check in time. Unfortunately when we have large numbers of departures, we cannot accommodate late checkouts, and it is at the discretion of the Executive Housekeeper on the morning of departure if it is possible, and what the maximum out time can be in order to have the rooms ready for those checking in later in the day. We apologize for that confusion, and again, try to mitigate that problem by the acknowledgement you signed at check in that late check outs were not guaranteed to be a possibility. And all of our carpets have been professionally cleaned since your stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here 4 days 10/10-10/14 in room 307 a 2 Bedroom suite with grandchildren. I stay at Marriott hotels 40+ days a year. We were hear for the Balloon Fiesta. I never request late checkout, but because of the small grandchildren and their evening air flight I called the hotel on 3PM the day before leaving. They said they would get back to me but did not. I called at 5:30 PM and was told they do not allow late checkout during the Balloon Fiesta. I said it ends the day I was requesting the checkout and the person said she would contact the chief housekeeper and get back to me within 1.5 hours. When she got back to me she said we could stay to 2 PM. The next day the cleaning person knocked on the door at 11 AM and I told her we had a 2PM checkout. Within 15 minutes I received a call informing me we must leave at 1 PM by order of the Executive Housekeeper. I do not think anyone manages this hotel. It is run by housekeeping and they do not do a very good job. The rug in our suite had very obvious dirt spots when we checked in and they were there when we cheCked outs.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gcnarc
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our flight was delayed, we were exhausted from being in the airport for 12 hours, waiting for news of our plane, and our airline sent us to the Residence Inn after they re-booked us on a flight for the next day. We had a most beautiful room with a very comfortable king size bed,a music machine, nice furniture, a kitchen, beautiful bathroom and sink & vanity area, extremely quiet. There were nice gardens around the inn and a swimming pool, fitness room, etc. This is not the kind of place we can usually afford to stay at, so we felt really spoiled! The worst thing was having to be up early the next morning, instead of more time to enjoy this great place, and of course we had to miss breakfast.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was great, no noise from above, and easy elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple